Author Topic: VWR Racingline Springs  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: VWR Racingline Springs
« Reply #20 on: 25 October 2017, 12:29 »
Eibach Pro Kit springs now fitted  :grin:

They don't lower the car as much as the VWR springs, I think there approximately 5mm higher in the front and 10mm in the rear which doesn't sound a lot but it does make such a massive difference to the general ride comfort.

I would say the Eibach's ride nicer with the horrible Bridgestone's, than the VWR springs did with the softer Contis.

There is still a firmness to the car, but its less harsh and feels more OEM+ now. The Eibach's IMHO seem to work better with the DCC dampers as if the springs rates and damping are more in tune with the car for all three settings. Turn in and general handling are just a little bit sharper than stock.

Overall I'm now very happy with the drop and performance.

Sounds good, glad you've got it sorted and are happy. Fast too!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 25 October 2017, 16:26 »

They don't lower the car as much as the VWR springs, I think there approximately 5mm higher in the front and 10mm in the rear which doesn't sound a lot but it does make such a massive difference to the general ride comfort.

I would say the Eibach's ride nicer with the horrible Bridgestone's, than the VWR springs did with the softer Contis.

There is still a firmness to the car, but its less harsh and feels more OEM+ now. The Eibach's IMHO seem to work better with the DCC dampers as if the springs rates and damping are more in tune with the car for all three settings. Turn in and general handling are just a little bit sharper than stock.

thanks for the info, any chance of pics.  and does this void the warranty at all?

As requested;

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 25 October 2017, 17:40 »

thanks for the info, any chance of pics.  and does this void the warranty at all?

As requested;

looking good :)  i wish mine would hurry up now :)