Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 172358 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #190 on: 30 April 2017, 10:30 »
My re-order (fog light-gate) will now be Atlantic Blue having seen TonyJ's photo's.  My original order waiting at the dealers with no fogs is Isaac Blue.

I do like that Indium Grey in the pics very much but it is too similar to my existing GTD's Limestone.

Is there any reason you aren't sticking with Isaac Blue? I'm yet to see one in that colour in anything other than photographs.
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #191 on: 30 April 2017, 10:52 »
My re-order (fog light-gate) will now be Atlantic Blue having seen TonyJ's photo's.  My original order waiting at the dealers with no fogs is Isaac Blue.

I do like that Indium Grey in the pics very much but it is too similar to my existing GTD's Limestone.

Is there any reason you aren't sticking with Isaac Blue? I'm yet to see one in that colour in anything other than photographs.

Here's a YouTube video of an Isaac Blue GTD;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJbctttB03HwWf7YSt0XeLpV_ybHSA9YA&v=o-wUMc69Nb4
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #192 on: 30 April 2017, 11:24 »
Isaac blue would be my choice if I was ordering now.
Very similar to Carbon Grey and we all know how awesome that colour this :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #193 on: 30 April 2017, 11:29 »
Here's a few pictures of my indium grey GTD.

Loving it so far.

That looks beautiful! You must have been annoyed though when someone parked their car in the way :laugh:

Your car looks great too :smiley:

Whereabouts is it? The landscape is stunning.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mcaff

• Not said much yet
« Reply #194 on: 30 April 2017, 11:44 »

Loving it so far.

That looks beautiful! You must have been annoyed though when someone parked their car in the way :laugh:

Your car looks great too :smiley:

Whereabouts is it? The landscape is stunning.

Thank you! I take a picture of every car/motorbike I've bought in the same place.

It's the Campsie hills in Scotland some good roads about and epic views.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 30 April 2017, 11:58 »

Loving it so far.

Lovely car and view.
I'm a big fan of the Brescias and they look easy(ish) to clean too.  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mcaff

• Not said much yet
« Reply #196 on: 30 April 2017, 12:01 »

Loving it so far.

Lovely car and view.
I'm a big fan of the Brescias and they look easy(ish) to clean too.  :smiley:

Easyish to clean, terrible to keep clean 900 miles in and I've been cleaning the car every 3rd day.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #197 on: 30 April 2017, 12:03 »

Here's a YouTube video of an Isaac Blue GTD;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJbctttB03HwWf7YSt0XeLpV_ybHSA9YA&v=o-wUMc69Nb4

Yes i've seen that video, I was just wondering how it looked under dull British skies!
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #198 on: 30 April 2017, 12:08 »
Thank you! I take a picture of every car/motorbike I've bought in the same place.

It's the Campsie hills in Scotland some good roads about and epic views.

Just had to look that up, you wouldn't want to breakdown there!! Not surprised you go there for photos, what a backdrop!

As for keeping the wheels clean, I've got Santiagos on mine which are pretty fiddly so I keep them coated with Gtechniq C2v3 which helps. My trusty wheel mitt lets me get my hand in without cutting it up on the backplates but I find an hour or so once in a while getting the wheels off for a thorough clean is well worthwhile. The Brescias look great so definitely worth the extra effort :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mon2s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #199 on: 30 April 2017, 13:28 »

I haven't seen either in the flesh but I think the Isaac will be a bit too dark for me.  All the pics I've seen are when it is in bright European sunshine when the blue hue really shows and I wonder if under our usual grey skies it might not be as vibrant.  The colour card in the dealership certainly looks very dark - and those pics of Atlantic Blue look gorgeous - really suits the car and I was worried it might look wrong on a golf (trying to be Lapiz) but it looks great IMO.

Don't think I will reorder straight away anyhow - leave it a few weeks and time it for a 67 plate rather than a 17 reg at the end of July