Author Topic: Irish Orders  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
Re: Irish Orders
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2015, 21:49 »
Yeah bri,
That's gone now. The tech pack still there so happy days

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2015, 22:03 »
Irish spec is now better than UK spec, its hard to believe but that's how it is now. Tech pack (nav, rear cam, light assist) is also free. The R also has 19's as standard...

Irish order to delivery has always been around 10-12 weeks, even when UK orders were taking 6 months!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2015, 22:21 »
Thanks Joe. Are you based in Ireland?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2015, 22:42 »
Thanks Joe. Are you based in Ireland?

I am Damo yeah. I ordered a GTI back in April 2013 and it arrived at the dealers in late June (11 weeks ish) in time for the 132 plate. Mine was one of the first in the country so it got a fair bit of attention at the time!
I'm now contemplating going again for a 152...

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2015, 09:41 »
Nice one Joe, I know that feeling,I was the 1st Mk6 GTD in Ireland. Kids came after that so I moved to Octavia vRs. Good car but looking forward to be back to the golf. This will be my 8th one. Looking forward to getting it.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 17 March 2015, 10:05 »
Haha, I had a MK6 GTD too!

Interesting you mention kids. We just had our first baby which is why I'm thinking of changing. My GTI is 3 door... Wishful thinking that a 5 door equivalent is adequate for baby?!!! I've even been considering the R, but the reduced boot size there could be an issue...

Nice one Joe, I know that feeling,I was the 1st Mk6 GTD in Ireland. Kids came after that so I moved to Octavia vRs. Good car but looking forward to be back to the golf. This will be my 8th one. Looking forward to getting it.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 March 2015, 10:40 »
Happy St Patrick's Day to you all!

Offline Dave_M

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 17 March 2015, 12:42 »
Happy St Patrick's Day to you all!

Thanks,  hope u have a great one too!

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 17 March 2015, 14:03 »

I ordered Feb 6th and got build week 12 so the car is being built this week. Hope to have it 2 weeks later, so early to mid April is what I'm planning on. All in all, that's about 9-10 weeks so not too bad compared with some of the wait times for UK orders. I ordered a 3dr GTI PP in carbon steel grey, DSG, tech pack (nav, camera etc), keyless and winter pack.

The wait is still torture though!
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 17 March 2015, 15:11 »
@joe, I found the gtd tight when travelling anywhere with buggy, bags etc but with the extra room in the mk7 and being able to drop the boot depth you'll be ok in a 5 door I reckon.

Great also to hear a recent order only taking the 10-12 weeks. I'll Defo have mine for 152 plate