Author Topic: insurance-why do we bother!!!  (Read 979 times)

Offline swinie

• Not said much yet
insurance-why do we bother!!!
« on: 09 May 2005, 17:45 »
hey all,

Im looking for some other peoples views on a problem I have with an insurance claim. Ill run you through the story first!

last june my mk1 golf was rammed from behind by a german in a camper van. The accident was 100% his fault and he admitted it. I had been sitting in the road waiting for the car infront of me to turn, and i saw this van come up the hill behind me, took him a we while too as it was a steep hill and an old camper! then i looked again and the van is inches from my bumper skidding into the back of me, consequently i spun and hit the car infront. The guy in the van got out and said "oh im really sorry, im really tired and wasnt paying attention!", not exactly any question about whos fault it was!!

so, almost a year on and i still haven't got myt settlement! the car cost me £750 when i got it, and this happened only 6 weeks after. His insurance company made their first offer a couple of months ago for, wait for it..... £200!!!!!obviously i refused and now they have offered me £400. Am i within my rights to refuse a second offer?? I payed £1150 for my insurance, and now their expecting me to lose hundereds of pounds because someone was half asleep and hit me!!

just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this and if insurance ever has a happy ending!!Also do people agree that insurance is a total waste of money because when it comes down to it you always lose!

hopefully i can get this settled before summer so i can put the cash into my mk2 project, so any advice or thoughts of wether i should just accept would be appreciated.

thanks all
mike

Offline sellers

• I live here
  • Daz Works in Health and Beauty
Re: insurance-why do we bother!!!
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2005, 18:02 »
cant really give much advice appart from if you arent happy keep argueing

insurance companies are super rich in the business world, and the one reason is because they rape people with their high premiums which they make up.

Can't think of a funy or whitty comment

Offline tinman

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2005, 22:53 »
hey all,

Im looking for some other peoples views on a problem I have with an insurance claim. Ill run you through the story first!

last june my mk1 golf was rammed from behind by a german in a camper van. The accident was 100% his fault and he admitted it. I had been sitting in the road waiting for the car infront of me to turn, and i saw this van come up the hill behind me, took him a we while too as it was a steep hill and an old camper! then i looked again and the van is inches from my bumper skidding into the back of me, consequently i spun and hit the car infront. The guy in the van got out and said "oh im really sorry, im really tired and wasnt paying attention!", not exactly any question about whos fault it was!!

so, almost a year on and i still haven't got myt settlement! the car cost me £750 when i got it, and this happened only 6 weeks after. His insurance company made their first offer a couple of months ago for, wait for it..... £200!!!!!obviously i refused and now they have offered me £400. Am i within my rights to refuse a second offer?? I payed £1150 for my insurance, and now their expecting me to lose hundereds of pounds because someone was half asleep and hit me!!

just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this and if insurance ever has a happy ending!!Also do people agree that insurance is a total waste of money because when it comes down to it you always lose!

hopefully i can get this settled before summer so i can put the cash into my mk2 project, so any advice or thoughts of wether i should just accept would be appreciated.

thanks all
mike

bend over and ask them to pass the lube.

you got f**ked in the arse once when they hit, now for the replay.

tough world. sorry.

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2005, 10:22 »
i agree that insurance is a total arse, even though with age it has gone down, they are still lurking in the shadows waiting to give you a good 'f@#king'!!! to avoid what you have been going through, drive ultra sensibly,have half a dozen new '6th sense's' to react incase of any impending accident from others!!.....

ive got 3 insurance policies at the mo, but im changing them next month and going back to having my old traders policy...... alot easier!!

hope you get your claim settled soon mate, and if your not happy keep asking for more, you may get a bit more out of em you may not, no harm in trying though... Agreed Value policies are they way to go if your running an older car, cause no matter what its worth in your eyes and wallet, ins companies want to give you peanut money!

Offline BOGGLE

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2005, 10:38 »
When i was going through the same crap a few years ago i refused four offers from the insurance company and in the end the paid me only £20 less than i was asking so it's worth refusing until they really can't go any further.  They hope that you're a mug and will take their first offer, cheeky BAST***S. :angry: :angry:

Before....During.....After

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2005, 11:22 »
id have got the old whiplash claim in if id have been hit from behind