Author Topic: Servicing  (Read 972 times)

Offline papperbear

• GTI forum regular
  • Ding Dang Doo ...!
Servicing
« on: 08 May 2005, 15:44 »
Hi,

I havent logged for ages ... got banned in work.  But I'm looking to get my car sorted for the summer and I have a quick question.

I got my car serviced last November, on about 41,000 miles and its now done 43,000 and the service light has come on saying that I need a service in 2,000 miles time?  Any ideas what's going on?  I've only done 7,000 miles since I got the car in Nov-03.

Steve

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: Servicing
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2005, 16:18 »
Could it be a time related service as opposed to mileage related?

i.e You're supposed to change your oil every 'so many' miles, but you might only do 2000 miles a year so you will need to change the oil every year instead........... :undecided:

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2005, 16:21 »
thats it. oel service light will come on after 6 months whatever the mileage. :wink:

Offline papperbear

• GTI forum regular
  • Ding Dang Doo ...!
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2005, 08:11 »
Thanks peeps,

At least thats no a major thing to change.

:smiley:

P.S RichandHazel - Are you going to congratulate me on Everton's fourth place ???  You'll be gutted now if you lose to AC Milan !!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2005, 11:36 »
 :angry: :angry: :lipsrsealed:

As Paul and I discussed last night, its at this time of year that you reflect back on the games that we should have won and didn't...........and how much it has now cost us. I have to admit that I never believed that Everton would finish the season above us. The reality of it is now, is that they have and have done well to do so.

I'm keeping everything crossed in the hope the we can beat the odds and beat AC Milan and walk away with something this year.

mrwotto

« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2005, 13:08 »
AC milan where beaten last night by juventus so all looks good :grin:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2005, 14:51 »
^^^^^^^^^^^Odds are improving in our favour then :cool:

We're going to be allowed to play in red too :wink:

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2005, 16:08 »
i would see that as a bad thing Milan getting beat by Juventus cause its more or less lost them the league....so that will have them even more fired up for the Champions League!!