Author Topic: tyre brand recommendation  (Read 1640 times)

dub_addicted

tyre brand recommendation
« on: 05 May 2005, 12:49 »
Which tyre brand gives you low noise and comfort, and grip? :huh:

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
Re: tyre brand recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2005, 13:33 »
Toyo Proxes T1-s and for a decent price too. Previously had Conti eco-contacts but not much grip, but lasted well and some Dunlop SP2000, which were also good. Currently trying some Kumho 712s, which are generally good performers, but dont inspire as much confidence as the Toyos...definitely going back to them on the next set.

Offline richard ellison

• I live here
  • Mk1 Cab 'Gertrude'
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2005, 14:06 »
Toyos have got a really got reputation for the price. Only quarm is that they wear faster than others supposidly

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2005, 14:12 »
^ I've heard that about the Toyos but I've never had any so can't go on past experience.  :undecided: I always go for Continental's, bit pricier but I think they are worth it because at the end of the day your tyres are the only contact with the road so it's pretty significant, unless of course you roll it.  :grin:
......now officially dubless.

Offline tinman

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2005, 14:43 »
BF Goodrich all the way. I wouldn't go to the lengths i went to, but you can find g-Force Profiler's in this country.

Many Goodriches are summer tyres, yet seem to outperform anything i've ever met in the wet.

mrwotto

« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2005, 15:16 »
I use toyo's, had them on for about 3k and they dont seem to be wearing any quicker than any other tyre I have used.  And the grip is good with them to

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2005, 15:22 »
I use toyo's, had them on for about 3k and they dont seem to be wearing any quicker than any other tyre I have used. And the grip is good with them to

That's because you can't wheel spin a mk3 ! Oh no, I'm off again ! :wink: :laugh:
......now officially dubless.

Offline jte

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2005, 15:41 »
I use toyo's, had them on for about 3k and they dont seem to be wearing any quicker than any other tyre I have used. And the grip is good with them to

That's because you can't wheel spin a mk3 !

You can if you have GT Champiro Tyres.  In fact that's all you can do, apart from slide round corners and spin round wet roundabouts!

I've got Toyo's now and they grip brilliantly dry or wet, but mine have only lasted 6k miles on the front :shocked:  Although i think i had them underinflated for a while as the edges have worn most despite perfect wheel alignment.

A VR6 isn't a way of life, it's just a car.

Offline G6dub

• I live here
  • Breaking lots of Golf's :-)
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2005, 17:39 »
I like my toyo's I personally haven't had them wear down to quick, they have been on for 3 year yeah I don't drive the car very much but it has been 1/4 miles etc.... on them and they are still good

mrwotto

« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2005, 17:50 »

That's because you can't wheel spin a mk3 ! Oh no, I'm off again ! :wink: :laugh:

:lipsrsealed: