Author Topic: Mk5 GTI owner - Returns...  (Read 752 times)

Offline VW Russ

• Not said much yet
Mk5 GTI owner - Returns...
« on: 14 March 2023, 18:37 »
Hi all,

Hope everyones well.

I've just bought a 55 plate MK5 GTI with 101k on it. I had an 08 plate DSG in 2012 which I loved but sold it to go travelling. I've had a few VAG's since (MK7 GTI and a Mk3 S3) but to free up some cash I've sold my more modern Golf GT and bought this basic spec 3 door GTI.

I paid just under £4k for it, it has a full service history, black, leather, 18'' Monza's (sprayed grey though), manual and 3 door and that's about it. I must admit, it drives spot on! I forgot how much fun an older sporty car was, it feels really tight and well looked after as long as you don't look too closely at the wheel arches... The previous owner had it just over 2 years and had spent quite a bit on it, brakes/suspension.

Second day of ownership today, went to check the levels, bonnet won't open... ha! Booked into the garage next week. The joys of owning older cars.

Good to be back though and look forward to reading everyone else's stories on here.

Cheers,

Russell
Mk5 GTI 08 in black, DSG, 18" monzas with a Zenec satnav thrown in for good measure.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Mk5 GTI owner - Returns...
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2023, 19:07 »
Welcome
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.