Author Topic: Question - climate control on Mk 8  (Read 815 times)

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
Question - climate control on Mk 8
« on: 19 April 2022, 20:53 »
Hi, I currently have a GTi Mk 7.5.  With the climate control, for each of the ventilation directions (feet, face, windscreen) you can select each on or off independantly.

Ie you can have windscreen, windscreen + face, face, face and feet, all three, as you wish, with full control.

I looked at an 8 the other day, the climate screen seemed that you can only select certain pre-sets, ie you can have face, feet, windscreen, but not face and winscreen (which I have most often).

Surely on a computerised touch panel based system, they haven't reduced the flexibility of a key system?  Could someone with a car let me know please?

Also, how do you control the cabin temp?  i'm always tweaking it up pr down 0.5 C, using the nice click knob, but the slider seems hard to use?
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Question - climate control on Mk 8
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2022, 22:25 »
There are several different climate modes... Smart climate and classic... Both accessed by pressing the physical clima button.

The temperature adjustment is there too.

It's different but not impossible to master, after a day you'll be in full control.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Question - climate control on Mk 8
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2022, 23:41 »
You don't have to use the slider to adjust your temperatures.   You can touch the screen where it shows the current temperatures and adjust it in 0.5c increments by tapping on up/down arrows.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2022, 19:50 by BillSan »
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE