Author Topic: Heart v Head conundrum  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Heart v Head conundrum
« Reply #10 on: 08 April 2022, 13:58 »
I had a similar conundrum, I’ve opted for cash allowance over company car. Our company car scheme isn’t great, but the cash allowance is pretty good, so my choice was clearer. I did debate GTE or ID3 from company car list vs cash, but that choice is much easier than yours. The ID3 would also have required a small salary sacrifice due to lease costs.

To throw a spanner in the works, could you afford/have the space/have the need for a little toy? Perhaps take the Tesla company car as your daily, and buy an older sports car for fun? (I’m biased as I love TVR) I’m thinking a Chimaera or series 2 Boxster S?

A TVR or a Porsche would be a good shout! Suspect that would need some serious man maths though!!!  :laugh:
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Heart v Head conundrum
« Reply #11 on: 08 April 2022, 14:00 »
If I didn't need the practicality of a hatchback, I would go for the Model 3 and a toy.
My own Mk7 CS is the sensible car alongside a few 2 seaters, purely for the reason of practicality.

Luckily thats where the wifes car comes in she has a Skoda Kodiaq so has all the practicality we need as a family car, I had a Merc estate before I got my last Golf but was lugging around empty space 99% of the time so opted for the Golf instead
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver