Author Topic: Mk8 Clubsport Squeaking/Creaking noise front right driver side  (Read 10312 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Brocky, at 19k do you notice the fronts worn more on the inside (owing to the CS running a bit of camber)?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Not changing the fronts at 19k?

Do you drive like miss daisy?

About 14ish for fronts normally on my gtd's, my gti had an early bath at 11k, but probably wouldnt have made more than 13k
:grin:
Did Miss Daisy drive...?  :smug:  :tongue:

Far from it, Fred!  Though, around 60-70% of that mileage is motorway and dual-carriageway, rather than twisty bits.  The tech also said that my pads are about 50% worn, if that redeems any of my cred...?  Those Clubby brakes are so good, it'd be rude to not use them to their full potential!  :evil:

Brocky, at 19k do you notice the fronts worn more on the inside (owing to the CS running a bit of camber)?
Haven't really noticed, Exonian.  I don't have a depth gauge either, so couldn't tell you.  Sorry.  Is it something you've noticed with yours?

That is what they did to mine about 2 weeks ago, and so far so good.
I had the "better grease" done on mine about six months in and that lasted about a month before the creaking came back.  Hopefully the techs are better informed this time.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict

Haven't really noticed, Exonian.  I don't have a depth gauge either, so couldn't tell you.  Sorry.  Is it something you've noticed with yours?

Mine is running PS4S at around 11k miles and I haven’t noticed any uneven wear but it would be hard to spot unless the wheels were on full lock as it would be the inner shoulder that was affected.

Which is a long winded way of saying I’ve not checked properly.

It’s now on the “to do” list.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Re: Mk8 Clubsport Squeaking/Creaking noise front right driver side
« Reply #33 on: 15 August 2022, 16:05 »
'Picked up my car this morning and, I think, the noise has gone. It does seem that it's a common issue though, because there's a TPI (2064607/2) quoted on the warranty paperwork. Basically, the dealers have dismantled and rebuilt my car's front suspension.@

Very interesting. In my conversations with the dealers this TPI was never mentioned but the service manager did refer to rebuilding the suspension. Screen shotted and filed for future reference, if needed - (hopefully not). This forum is a mine of information, thanks.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2023, 17:58 »
Picked up my car this morning and, I think, the noise has gone. It does seem that it's a common issue though, because there's a TPI (2064607/2) quoted on the warranty paperwork. Basically, the dealers have dismantled and rebuilt my car's front suspension.

Thread bump

Did they say what parts they replaced was it just the bump stops and greased it?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2023, 18:37 »
My invoice states, “Removed shocks and found top mounts had signs of rubbing. Replaced bump stops, protective boots, to and bearings. Noise from suspension now rectified”.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 22 February 2023, 21:04 »
My invoice states, “Removed shocks and found top mounts had signs of rubbing. Replaced bump stops, protective boots, to and bearings. Noise from suspension now rectified”.

Thanks👍 got mine going in dealers soon  with same problem sounds like hopefully they sort it🤞
Mk6 GTI DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline davo245

• Here all the time

Mime went in, now fixed greased top mounts replaced boots all done.
Mk6 GTI DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline davo245

• Here all the time

Thanks👍 got mine going in dealers soon  with same problem sounds like hopefully they sort it🤞

Did you get this sorted?
Mk6 GTI DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Fingers crossed, it hasn’t reoccurred. 🤞