Author Topic: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website  (Read 17743 times)

Jimmymature

Re: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website
« Reply #60 on: 07 February 2012, 15:44 »
The new ST is probably a very capable car  :smiley: but I cannot get out of my head
someone (cant remember who or where) called it "a hairy chest wig of a car" 

The new model doesnt look much better
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/motorshows/paris-motor-show/256987/ford_focus_st_official_pictures.html

BUT is just my opinion of course ! - check out those rear seats - height of taste and fashion and should
look well cool doin donuts and burnouts in asda's carpark  :laugh: :wink: :grin:

Something is just right about the GTI and presumably thats why peolple join here  :wink:

Apart from those seats I think the car looks great.  In fact the seats don't look too different to the Golf GTI Pirelli Editon.

Either way, we all have some decisions to make in the next two or so years.

Jim

Offline pearly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 07 February 2012, 16:02 »

The Grill is far to small   :evil:

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 07 February 2012, 18:47 »

The new ST won’t be available as a three-door (sales of the previous version were slow), but an estate could join the five-door for the first time. Both get a racy cabin, with coloured sports seats, a row of gauges on the facia and carbon fibre and piano black trim.

While the new Focus range goes on sale later this year, the ST won’t appear until late 2011. Expect a £24,000 price tag. Also at Paris, Ford will reveal its plug-in hybrid technology for the new C-MAX compact MPV.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/motorshows/paris-motor-show/256987/ford_focus_st_official_pictures.html#ixzz1lithzOC7
---------------------------------

no 3 door :s i think 5doors makes a car ugly.

and 24k on the focus...... going to be atleast 1k ontop of that for the gti, you best get saving ladies

Offline DubaiGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #63 on: 13 February 2012, 17:09 »
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/261258/

The new Golf GTI — expected to be powered by a 260bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine — also promises to set new standards for hot hatches. Sporting the new VAQ electronically controlled front diff, it will, VW claims, delivers much “more agile steering behaviour” and a much greater sense of precision through the wheel. According to VW, a VAQ-equipped Golf has lapped the Nürburgring 8.0sec faster than prototypes with a conventional differential.

Mmm!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 13 February 2012, 17:16 »
  :shocked: twin turbo GTD.....sounds promising!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Jimmymature

« Reply #65 on: 13 February 2012, 17:48 »
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/261258/

The new Golf GTI — expected to be powered by a 260bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine — also promises to set new standards for hot hatches. Sporting the new VAQ electronically controlled front diff, it will, VW claims, delivers much “more agile steering behaviour” and a much greater sense of precision through the wheel. According to VW, a VAQ-equipped Golf has lapped the Nürburgring 8.0sec faster than prototypes with a conventional differential.

Mmm!

260 on a standard GTI, I wish!! but no chance IMO.

Jim

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 13 February 2012, 19:06 »
Still sounding good, new diff, lighter alloy bits, and 250bhp, with good standard spec.....

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 13 February 2012, 19:47 »

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #68 on: 13 February 2012, 20:01 »
Why not?

mk4 to mk5 gained 47 bhp :grin:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 13 February 2012, 20:04 »
MK5 200
MK6 210

MK7 220?

Ide say its going to be 220, Dont think many would like to bet me im wrong either