Author Topic: My Mk2 1300 4speed - ABF, pic heavy  (Read 5187 times)

Offline WalterRego Mk2

• Not said much yet
My Mk2 1300 4speed - ABF, pic heavy
« on: 30 August 2011, 15:19 »
Hi guys recently joined up after some hard work re-shelling my abf engine from my old golf!

I had a driver auto previously that was very rotten, so I gave it a 'patina', 'rat', 'ive got no money' look for its last few weeks before mot was up!
It got very mixed reactions but made me laugh and people stare! job done  :grin:

Early days after I fitted 15" RA's

and a couple of years later....

I have since bought a standard 1300 4speed ryder in a dashing shade pf tornado pink!

Then proceeded to take it apart! I have lots of spares left over some have seen ebay some are still here.
Half power polished:

My pics are all over atm as Im still finishing little bits and bobs.
Ive used my ABF engine (115k) after a mild refresh replacing headgasket bolts plus leads and service items and engine mounts.
It is running standard digi 3.2 with whole loom tucked and an 020 box with full linkage kit replaced.   

Old mk3loom

What was left!

Still needs a steam clean in there and detailing
Mk2 gti 16v kjet fuel pumps accumulator and lines with new gsf pump.
Mongoose stainless exhaust from mk2 downpipe back

Boge gas shocks and springs....coilovers next on the list
Polybushed wishbones on gti subframe, gti rear axle
New 16v balljoints, hubs with G60 280mm brakes, vr6 master and 9" servo off the old mk2 auto
Gti 16v splitter

160mph 16v clocks, polo gt steering wheel. Similar to corrado wheel but silver trim not leather stitched
Corrado front seats with no tears, still need doorcards trimmed to match

Boot is carpeted with a rear mount washer bottle to clean bay up.
Still need a top hose coolant filler to erase expansion bottle, does any1 have any ideas on this?

thanks for looking !!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: My Mk2 1300 4speed - ABF, pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2011, 15:39 »
Wow... nice turnaround.. Was the blue one that fooked that it needed ratting then scrapping! looked nice in the first shot.... Whats going on with that mk1 I see!?  :shocked:  :cool:

Offline WalterRego Mk2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2011, 16:07 »
thanks, it still isnt 'finished' to the standard I want but the bulk of the works done and the spec wont change much!
The mk1 was bought with a heavy front end crash damage and donated its teledials to me  :cool:
and more parts went on to my mates mk1 project!

Did you clock the rare bbs lower spoiler on the mk1??
Shame it was crashed it had a good look about it!

Offline WalterRego Mk2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2011, 16:13 »
The blue one had literally no rear arch under the plastic and about half a ton of filler in the rear quarter!! plus other small things it didnt seem worthwhile.
 It still took nearly 3 weeks to turn around the re-shell but that was on it nearly all day every day!
 Most of the time was wiring, things like tucked loom rear washer bottle etc seem to take so much longer than I thought!

Thought best to start with a solid shell as mechanicals and wirings more my thing lol

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2011, 16:26 »
Looks a cracking project :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2011, 16:37 »
thanks, it still isnt 'finished' to the standard I want but the bulk of the works done and the spec wont change much!
The mk1 was bought with a heavy front end crash damage and donated its teledials to me  :cool:
and more parts went on to my mates mk1 project!

Did you clock the rare bbs lower spoiler on the mk1??
Shame it was crashed it had a good look about it!

I didn't clock much at all on the MK1, can only see a bit of the rear.. any other decent bits left on it, mine had a heavy frontal with a full BBS kit on, managed to save the kit and the car.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2011, 17:04 »
I like this a lot  :cool: :cool:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline WalterRego Mk2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2011, 17:35 »
cheers folks

tech1889: Ive had a skim through your thread I'll read it fully with a bit more time. Are you keeping your pas? Its one thing I wish I had on mine, for the selling point not to save the arm workout!
Also, my ecu is mounted on the standard bracket but Ive heard a seat item will mount it correctly the other way round? do you know which model it is from?
 If you have any q's give me a shout!
 I think the ABF on digi conversion is getting popular! 

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2011, 17:41 »
my ECU is just sitting in the scuttle panel at the moment  :grin: i believe something like a modified ECU holder or maybe a seat item will fit im not bothered at the moment.

yer ive kept my PAS and im going for 02A gearbox with cable change and cable clutch.. have you kept mk2 gearbox and linkage ??

Yer the conversion is getting popular i done all mine back to front and upside down so im missing a lot of parts otherwise i would be running by now  :sad:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline WalterRego Mk2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2011, 17:59 »
Ah stick at it though mate it will be worth it!  :cool:

I have the abf pas setup leftover and the line with the banjo union but as it wasnt pas I have no rack or lines or resevior.
yeah I kept the 020 box and its done alot of miles with no complaints. Ive got the abf box still but sold the flywheel  :rolleyes: so dont think it will make it into this mk2! Also kept the coil and ignition amp setup.

I modded the standard bracket for the ecu it is ok for the job!