Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287266 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3900 on: 27 March 2013, 23:32 »
SV won't do that in a hurry again I imagine, however, if he does CH and AN won't punish him. Last season in a F1 car for MW IMO.

Was good racing even though Webber obviously conceded.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3901 on: 28 March 2013, 12:02 »
I just don't get why Webber signed on for one more season with them. Yes you have the more obvious reason, money, top team and one of the best cars, but he knows he is clearly the number 2 driver there and for me has not seemed happy there for a few seasons now.

I have a friend who works in the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes and she tells me Webber is not well liked within the factory. They had a big end of season party at the factory to celebrate the double championship win. Everyone was there bar Webber, despite him having a good relationship with the team last season.

He would of been better moving on to a different team this season

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3902 on: 28 March 2013, 12:05 »
To be fair I'm not surprised he wasn't there. What has the team done to help him win the championship? Nothing. In fact they've reduced the chances by giving Vettel the upgrades first.

I like Webber, he's an emotional racer and I think exciting to watch. He should move to another team, maybe Ferrari to replace Massa, or Lotus to replace Grosjean (I think Grosjean would do well at RB).

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3903 on: 28 March 2013, 12:11 »
To be fair I'm not surprised he wasn't there. What has the team done to help him win the championship? Nothing. In fact they've reduced the chances by giving Vettel the upgrades first.

I like Webber, he's an emotional racer and I think exciting to watch. He should move to another team, maybe Ferrari to replace Massa, or Lotus to replace Grosjean (I think Grosjean would do well at RB).

Yep, he should of left when he had the chance. I know Ferrari were very interested in him mid season last year, they wanted him to replace Massa. That is why he signed the one year extension mid season to commit his future to them. I don't get it though, as like you say, he is the number 2 driver by a long way and won't ever get the help from the team

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3904 on: 29 March 2013, 21:03 »
I fail to see the point in team orders when we are only at the second race, it is stupid.

The less said about Red Bull / Vettel the better tbh.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3905 on: 30 March 2013, 12:05 »
Mark Webber has been proven right about Vettel being protected over all of this.

Christian Horner has come out and defended Vettel now and even went on to say if Webber had been behind Vettel and in the same boat he to would of ignored the order and overtook Vettel

Offline Turbo_T

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3906 on: 30 March 2013, 15:41 »
It's almost as annoying as people posting the results to facebook long before any normal person has had a chance to watch the race, nevermind the highlights.....

ive deleted friends because of that i don't have sky so have to watch the bbc
1998 1.8t MK4 Gti golf

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3907 on: 31 March 2013, 13:25 »
Vettel needs to be brought back down to earth sooner rather than later tbh. No one is bigger than the team. The tension between him and Webber is gonna be interesting though, no doubt they will be fighting at the front again

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3908 on: 11 April 2013, 11:56 »
I see Vettel has been endearing himself to fans once again.

He said today he would probably ignore team orders again as he feels he has not had support from Mark in the past and he did ignored the team orders the other week as payback.

Such a nice lad is Vettel

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3909 on: 11 April 2013, 12:35 »
I love to Vettel in a HRT! That kid doesn't realise how fortunate he is.