Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287312 times)

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2930 on: 18 December 2011, 22:06 »
No im really not dumb, sorry didn't realise I was dealing with young kid lifeguard turned businessman of the year 2011.

And...... If people want it enough, they'll pay the £30 a month

That's what I'm saying, if people want it that much, they'll pay it, sky will make a lot of money with or without people like you.

Millions to a company like sky is.... Not that much from the scale of their outfit.

But like I said, you probably know that from your many years of research and study of everything ever
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2931 on: 18 December 2011, 22:20 »
Ok if you say so then. I'm not a businessman but your point of view is just stupid in my opinion.

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #2932 on: 18 December 2011, 22:21 »
I still couldn't see 'millions' of people spending £10 for one channel let alone £30.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2933 on: 18 December 2011, 22:23 »
Tis just business
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #2934 on: 18 December 2011, 22:27 »
So I've got Sky, and also pay for the HD pack.  That means I'll get the new F1 channel?

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #2935 on: 18 December 2011, 22:29 »
Tis just business

But there of millions of people out there willing to spend £10!  :grin:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #2936 on: 18 December 2011, 22:33 »
I still couldn't see 'millions' of people spending £10 for one channel let alone £30.

No they wont. A few hardcore fans would but thats it. I wouldn't pay £10 for 1 maybe 2 races a month.
But I would pay £30 a month for a load of other channels as well and get F1 chucked in. Hell we pay £70 a month at my house :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2937 on: 18 December 2011, 22:48 »
Tis just business

But there of millions of people out there willing to spend £10!  :grin:

If they are, they can give me a fiver (half price) an i'll stream it fOr them

Or a tender an they can sit in my lounge an watch it.

TIckets are payable in advance and seating is provided on a first come first served basis
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2938 on: 18 December 2011, 23:10 »
So I've got Sky, and also pay for the HD pack.  That means I'll get the new F1 channel?

Yes :wink:

So what you're saying is Sky doesn't need customers?  :rolleyes:

I'm sure Sky would love to have everyone onboard. It's any business' objective at the end of the day...

I'm saying F1's not their priority.  :rolleyes: They have a lot more going on then F1 :rolleyes:

Are you dumb?  :huh:

There's millions of people who are willing to pay £10/month to watch F1. Sky have the resources to open just 1 channel on freeview. Why miss out on millions of £ when it's right there infront of you?

I'm pretty sure that sky will have put a lot of resources/time/money into researching this themselves before putting any deal on the table for the F1. They will have calculated the way for them to make the most money and this is obviously it. Deal with it.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2939 on: 18 December 2011, 23:55 »
Personally i hate Sky and i hate Bernie Ecclestone even more for agreeing to sell to Sky. Obviously my opinion means nothing to either of them but i am gutted that i'll have to pay to watch my favorite thing on the tele.

I work 7 days a week and 2-5 nights a weeks so all i ever watch on the tele is F1 and Top Gear, generally on catch up aswel and for me now to watch F1 i'll have to pay for a full Sky package that i would never use. £10 a month wouldnt be the end of the world, i would definitely pay that for 9months of the year just to have the F1 channel, i have virgin and freeview in the house so i have no idea how i'm going to get the every full races :(

Sky rant over.

Anyone else think Sutil will get the drive at Williams and Alguersuari will get the drive at HRT?

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept