Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287202 times)

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1150 on: 20 June 2010, 17:49 »
I just want to experience it got the tickets yesterday looks like they is a lot on
they is a rallye going just outside silverstone might go see that to

schumi was my favourite driver since he started in F1 so be good to see him race round
even though he aint as fast as the other guys

adamrob69

« Reply #1151 on: 20 June 2010, 18:19 »
I must say i disagree with the going on once view. Im a big F1 fan and i must say it was brilliant when i went and i would go every year if i could persuade anyone to shell out the stupid amounts of money you need.

I unfortunatly couldnt do the friday but camped on the Saturday night. Crate of beer drunk around the circuit on saturday, chilled out looking through all the stalls, going on the simulators, walked the track, there was a field with a massive tv in to the side with a party atmosphere so stopped in there for a bit then went back to the camp site befor walking round the fun fare and drinking again in the make shift club/bar. Best thing about the saturday was siting at the first corner and watching hamiltion take pole on the last lap. Brilliant.

Sunday seen another crate of beer polished off whilst sitting at the first corner watching all the days races before going to this f1 event thing in the middle of the circuit.

Its certainly a weekend i will never forget and one that i wish to have again and again. I have been to a number of big sporting events, and although it was crowded i wouldnt say it was too bad; but the atmosphere that we enjoyed was next to none. Me and a few work collegues are looking at a grandprix abroad next year, possibly spar.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1152 on: 20 June 2010, 19:44 »
I love going to the races, although only if you get a good spot and choose a decent corner. Copse terrace in F1 is BALLS, all you see is a car for about 2 seconds and hear a load of noise, nothing else.

Luffied and woodcote are awesome corners as you see them for quite a while and get to see any overtaking done there.

Best track I've been to is Interlagos in Sao Paulo. If you sit at the end of "reta oposta" which is the back straight after the 3rd corner you see 95% of the track as it's on a hill. Only part you don't see is the starting grid and 2 of the corners in the twisty bits.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1153 on: 21 June 2010, 15:36 »
I went in 2007. It was certainly an experience and a great atmosphere (especially when Lewis got pole) but I wouldn't go again. It's much easier and more comfortable to watch it on tv...  :laugh:

Totally agree here. And the only reason I went was because I won tickets to go to Barcelona. Personally, £100+ for F1 tickets to watch a 90 minutes race is ridiculous when you can go to France, camp for 4 days, and watch a 24 hour race for not alot more.
A weekend ticket for LeMans was 35 euros. Bargain!!

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1154 on: 23 June 2010, 19:43 »
movable wings for 2011, but only for the car behind.

what a load of sh!t

an overtake should be because the driver chasing has carried extra speed out the corner before/pulled a blinding move etc, not because of a button on the steering wheel. thats not sport  :angry:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1155 on: 23 June 2010, 21:48 »
The full statement from Wednesday's meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council:

Tyres
Pirelli has been selected as the single tyre supplier for the FIA Formula One World Championship for a period of three years, commencing in 2011. The sole supplier will undertake to strictly respect the sporting and technical regulations implemented by the FIA.

"Competitor's staff" FIA Licence
A proposal relating to specific licences for members of staff of competitors entered in the FIA World Championships has been submitted to the Formula One Commission. This is under consideration for implementation in the FIA Formula One World Championship from the start of 2011, with a view to inclusion in other FIA World Championships in the future.

Safety car
With immediate effect, no car may overtake until it has passed the first safety car line for the first time when the safety car is returning to the pits. However, if the safety car is still deployed at the beginning of the last lap, or is deployed during the last lap, it will enter the pit lane at the end of the lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

General safety
With immediate effect, any car being driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically, or which is deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers, will be reported to the stewards. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.

In order to ensure cars are not driven unnecessarily slowly on in-laps during qualifying or reconnaissance laps when the pit exit is opened for the race, drivers must stay below the maximum time set by the FIA between the safety car line after the pit exit and safety car line before the pit entry. The maximum time will be determined by the race director at each event prior to the first day of practice, but may be amended during the event if necessary.

The grid
From 2011, any driver whose best qualifying lap exceeds 107 per cent of the fastest Q1 qualifying time will not be allowed to take part in the race. Under exceptional circumstances, however, which may include setting a suitable lap time in a free practice session, the stewards may permit the car to start the race. Should there be more than one driver accepted in this manner, the grid order will be determined by the stewards.

Driver adjustable bodywork
From 2011, adjustable bodywork may be activated by the driver at any time prior to the start of the race and, for the sole purpose of improving overtaking opportunities during the race, after the driver has completed two laps.

The driver may only activate the adjustable bodywork in the race when he has been notified via the control electronics that it is enabled. It will only be enabled if the driver is less than one second behind another at any of the pre-determined positions around each circuit. The system will be disabled the first time the driver uses the brakes after the system has been activated.

The FIA may, after consulting all the competitors, adjust the time proximity in order to ensure the purpose of the adjustable bodywork is met.

Aerodynamic influence
With the exception of the parts necessary for the driver adjustable bodywork, any car system, device or procedure which uses driver movement as a means of altering the aerodynamic characteristics of the car is prohibited from 2011.

Weight
From 2011, the minimum weight of the car must not be less than 640 kg at all times during the event.

Fuel draining
With immediate effect, if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power.

Licences
Based on his career resume and comparative F1 testing times, the World Council has approved the granting of a four-race probationary super license to Chinese driver Ho-Pin Tung.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1156 on: 23 June 2010, 21:55 »
What a load of crud. Overtaking buttons suck, KERS proved this.

The 107% thing. What's that about? Anyone know if any of the lower cars would have fallen foul of this so far this year?

Nick

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1157 on: 23 June 2010, 22:13 »
That sucks balls frankly. I've really quite enjoyed having essentially 2 different classes in F1 and I love the way the lower teams almost see it as such.

Nick

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1158 on: 24 June 2010, 01:15 »
Hispania would have been out on a few occasions.

I can see the reasoning but it is so unfair on new teams.

next years new team will not find out they are in F1 until august so they have 7 months to design and build a car and team of people and have around 10 days winter testing ,then have to lap within 107% of Mclaren/red bull et al in thier first race.
If they fail to do that they have no further testing in the year and no track time except thursday and friday practice to make the car faster.
At the same time the teams they are trying to catch up with are developing thier car too , no doubt with more money than the new team.

talk about hard work!

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1159 on: 24 June 2010, 08:47 »
what it stops is teams coming in on the cheap knowing their cars are crap but doing it for the marketing exercise.  All the FIA have done is said "go big or go home".

I'm not a fan of the movable aero.  All you'll have is someone following all race until the last lap when they will be able to cruise by on the straight knowing the other car won't be able to do anything.