Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287328 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #530 on: 26 October 2009, 18:55 »
i think it'll be a great shame if there isn't a British GP next year, especially as we have had two British Champions in the last two years and it's been on the calendar since 1947

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8300268.stm

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #531 on: 26 October 2009, 18:59 »
i think it'll be a great shame if there isn't a British GP next year, especially as we have had two British Champions in the last two years and it's been on the calendar since 1947

I agree, but if the race track in question can't get their act together, then they really don't deserve to host F1. I just wish more tracks put their names in the hat. Brands Hatch for a kick off along with Silverstone again and even Rockingham, who have an inside track along with the oval. (Don't know how long it is though. Never been there.)

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #532 on: 26 October 2009, 18:59 »
Humm Donnington could be fecked now. No F1 and the current investors will vanish leaving a half finished facility.

In other news Todt got the FIA presidency. Rubbish.
Nick

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #533 on: 26 October 2009, 19:01 »

I agree, but if the race track in question can't get their act together, then they really don't deserve to host F1. I just wish more tracks put their names in the hat. Brands Hatch for a kick off along with Silverstone again and even Rockingham, who have an inside track along with the oval. (Don't know how long it is though. Never been there.)

Much as I love Brands they'd never pull it off. They can hardly use the GP layout due to noise restrictions from the locals and they just don't have the facilities to deal with F1 and would never get permission to build them.

Nick

Offline DoogalDoogz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #534 on: 26 October 2009, 19:04 »
F1 cornering speeds are ridiculous. Other than that, I dont really like watching it, pretty boring.

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #535 on: 26 October 2009, 20:19 »

Yeah, was thinking the same.  Ex Ferarri guy is head of FIA?, I hope there's no bias/blind eyes from Ferarri problems or dubious manouvers next season.  :undecided:
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #536 on: 26 October 2009, 20:27 »

Yeah, was thinking the same.  Ex Ferarri guy is head of FIA?, I hope there's no bias/blind eyes from Ferarri problems or dubious manouvers next season.  :undecided:

With Alonso at Ferrari, and Todt as president, you can count on it! :angry:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #537 on: 26 October 2009, 21:04 »
lets hope he can be neutral

i know ari vatanen was the peoples choice but todt does have a better cv (minus the ferrari connection)

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #538 on: 26 October 2009, 21:35 »
Wasn't that chuffed about Todt either. But at the end if the day, we are going from one Ferrari man to another, albeit from a supporter to an ex-employee.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #539 on: 26 October 2009, 21:49 »
F1 cornering speeds are ridiculous. Other than that, I dont really like watching it, pretty boring.

you blatently didnt watch the last race then did you
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D