Author Topic: Missing Service History - MK7.5 2019 Golf GTI Performance  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Missing Service History - MK7.5 2019 Golf GTI Performance
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2022, 10:37 »
The diff requires an oil change too. 3 years or 30k miles, whichever comes first.

Personally, I wouldn't be overly worried if the car looks well otherwise. The oil is longlife and can last up to 20k. In the two services it should've had, the main thing other than the oil change is just looking over the car for anything broken or falling off. Or minimally worn brakes that they can convince you need replacing.

Provided they either fully service it or give you an equivalent discount so you can take it to a VW dealer for them to do, I'd say go for it. The cars seem generally robust and reliable. So I don't think you've been stupid or made a mistake :smiley:

On a more positive note, what's the spec?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2022, 10:48 »
The diff requires an oil change too. 3 years or 30k miles, whichever comes first.

Personally, I wouldn't be overly worried if the car looks well otherwise. The oil is longlife and can last up to 20k. In the two services it should've had, the main thing other than the oil change is just looking over the car for anything broken or falling off. Or minimally worn brakes that they can convince you need replacing.

Provided they either fully service it or give you an equivalent discount so you can take it to a VW dealer for them to do, I'd say go for it. The cars seem generally robust and reliable. So I don't think you've been stupid or made a mistake :smiley:

Getting a vw dealer to do the service also has the benefit of software upgrade check since there is no service record. My 7.5 required a software update to cure a stop/start problem. Might be worth going for the discount if they are willing?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline leon101

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2022, 14:12 »

Getting a vw dealer to do the service also has the benefit of software upgrade check since there is no service record. My 7.5 required a software update to cure a stop/start problem. Might be worth going for the discount if they are willing?

Great point guys thanks. I've called them and asked them to cancel their "service" (which was a healthcheck and oil + filter change) and they've knocked off £200 for me so that I can go to VW. It's still under warranty so I guess that'll come in handy when I take it for a service.

They also said they're going to try and get in touch with the 1st owner again and see if they'll get any info on the garage it was last serviced at (which I highly doubt).

Hopefully they'll find something, but as I'm expecting to have this car for 5-7 years, I think the first 2 and half years of missing service history will be okay.

On a more positive note  :smiley: specs are: DSG, 18-inch wheels, tartan seats. Got all the gadgets I've been looking for (lane assist, parking camera, keyless entry). Is in great condition minus a few dents which will be fixed, very clean, and nothing felt strange when I took it for a drive.

Offline leon101

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2022, 14:35 »

Great point guys thanks. I've called them and asked them to cancel their "service" (which was a healthcheck and oil + filter change) and they've knocked off £200 for me so that I can go to VW. It's still under warranty so I guess that'll come in handy when I take it for a service.

They also said they're going to try and get in touch with the 1st owner again and see if they'll get any info on the garage it was last serviced at (which I highly doubt).

Hopefully they'll find something, but as I'm expecting to have this car for 5-7 years, I think the first 2 and half years of missing service history will be okay.

On a more positive note  :smiley: specs are: DSG, 18-inch wheels, tartan seats. Got all the gadgets I've been looking for (lane assist, parking camera, keyless entry). Is in great condition minus a few dents which will be fixed, very clean, and nothing felt strange when I took it for a drive.

Actually I've just realised, the missing history will void the warranty correct? Would I still be able to get an extended warranty after the manufacturer warranty in this case?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2022, 15:05 »
Being a 2019 it's going to be close to the end of it's warranty if not already ended. VW do an All in One plan which is good value, 2 year extended warranty, servicing and vW Assistance all for a reasonable monthly price. Have a look at the terms and conditions on their website or when you take it in for a service, they can advise you. If it has been to VW for a service, they can also tell you what has been done. My dealer gives me a full history print out each time.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2022, 17:49 »

Actually I've just realised, the missing history will void the warranty correct? Would I still be able to get an extended warranty after the manufacturer warranty in this case?
Even flexible service is 2 year or 18.6k so yes unfortunately. All in one plan might be possible as Watts suggests but read the small print. Lack of service history may be a problem.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2022, 08:08 »
I would have thought with no service history VW will turn it down. The issue is could the car have been clocked back mileage wise? I would be very suspicious of a car with no service history! If it were 2years old it could have been on long life servicing so would have been fine.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mileymk6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 12 July 2022, 11:53 »
You could register with VW Erwin, anyone can do this, https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do, and input the vehicle details to see if its got a digital service record.

Can anyone do this, does it cover older cars like my mk6?
2010 Mk6 3Dr, Blue graphite, 18” Monzas, rns310 Dab with Dynaudio, standard apart from Stainless exhaust. Called Miley cos it’s done a lot of miles!!

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 July 2022, 13:30 »
Can anyone do this, does it cover older cars like my mk6?

Anyone can register for an VW Erwin account but i dont think digital service schedules were introduced until the MK 7??

Someone else may be able to clarify??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.