Author Topic: Map Updates  (Read 12356 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Map Updates
« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2021, 12:10 »
Just trying to update my daughters Polo BlueGT and if you pick Bundle 1, it fails as the file size is bigger than the supplied VW 16Gb card?? Seems a bit silly.

Think i'll just download Bundle 6.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2021, 12:18 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2021, 13:38 »
That's what I've ended up doing... shame they couldn't have omitted Iceland and then it might have just been under 16gb.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2021, 13:59 »
Just trying to update my daughters Polo BlueGT and if you pick Bundle 1, it fails as the file size is bigger than the supplied VW 16Gb card?? Seems a bit silly.

Think i'll just download Bundle 6.

I'm on Bundle 6, working fine.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 02 July 2021, 14:52 »
That's what I've ended up doing... shame they couldn't have omitted Iceland and then it might have just been under 16gb.

I'm on Bundle 6, working fine.

Thats what I've done too. Cheers.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 02 July 2021, 17:01 »
I've got an Edition 40 Clubsport with the bog standard navigation package which I bought new in early 2017.  I've never updated the maps as it always seemed far too complicated as I'm useless with this sort of thing. 

Is there a really easy to follow dummies guide (or video) to doing this anywhere as I haven't got a clue where to start?  Thanks.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 02 July 2021, 17:19 »
First of all, I would back up the maps on the SD card first before doing anything else.

https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/

If you choose Golf GTI from 2015, then Discover Nav, then scroll down past all the map bundles there's a PDF guide which walks you through.

I didn't bother with the Discover Care whatever that is, just downloaded the map bundles itself.

Basically download the maps compressed zip file, extract the zip file using 7zip and then copy to SD card.

Don't download bundle 1 as it's too big to fit on the 16gb vw sd card.

Nothing too complicated really.

Have a look here- https://youtu.be/yy9QzVXSJXc

« Last Edit: 02 July 2021, 17:29 by madstaff »

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #26 on: 02 July 2021, 18:44 »
I've got an Edition 40 Clubsport with the bog standard navigation package which I bought new in early 2017.  I've never updated the maps as it always seemed far too complicated as I'm useless with this sort of thing. 

Is there a really easy to follow dummies guide (or video) to doing this anywhere as I haven't got a clue where to start?  Thanks.

Download Bundle 6 from here: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/download/#download

Extract zip, copy maps folder to SD card... Done.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 02 July 2021, 20:11 »
^^^Thanks both for your efforts to explain which I'm sure to 99.9% of the population would be excellent.  However, when I said dummies guide I meant it in the most literal sense!!  I don't even know how to get a back up of the maps or where the sd card is, never mind following the rest of the instructions!!  Compressed zips and extract zips, who knows!

As you can I see I'm a lost cause so I won't waste anyones time further on this, please ignore my request and carry on with the thread!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2021, 20:15 »
^^^Thanks both for your efforts to explain which I'm sure to 99.9% of the population would be excellent.  However, when I said dummies guide I meant it in the most literal sense!!  I don't even know how to get a back up of the maps or where the sd card is, never mind following the rest of the instructions!!  Compressed zips and extract zips, who knows!

As you can I see I'm a lost cause so I won't waste anyones time further on this, please ignore my request and carry on with the thread!
I think you're close to me Trev,I can sort this for you. Drop me a pm. Chris
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2021, 20:18 »

I think you're close to me Trev,I can sort this for you. Drop me a pm. Chris

Top bloke Chris.