Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787241 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #580 on: 28 October 2014, 12:53 »
Reading that about making lane assist on at start...

Does anyone know if high beam assist can be set to be on at start? Having automatic lights is crap if you have to turn HBA on each time.

Same with traction control, auto hold, park assist etc etc

At least it sort of remembers the driving mode between stops...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline gelocatil

• Just got here
« Reply #581 on: 28 October 2014, 12:58 »
DLA can keep ON on every start but hbai dont know, check that
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7/fernlichtassistent-reset.php

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #582 on: 29 October 2014, 08:00 »
Not seen this one mentioned but here is a tweak that when the main beam is activated (either by the flash or full main beam), the front LED fogs come on as well. I tried this out last night and it works really well. The main beam of the Xenon headlights gives a super strong and focused beam into the distance, and the front fogs very nicely illuminate the area to the front and sides of the car. When dipping for on coming traffic, the fogs just switch off in tandem with the main beam. When travelling at speed on unilluminated country roads, it really does light the whole road up for you.

Remember if you do this on a GTI or GTD, then as we have LED front fogs, don't forget to change the illumination value to 127 not 100 (which is for halogen fogs).

Anyway here it is (credit to DV52 over at the vwwatercooled.com.au and vwvortex.com forums).

VCDS Tweak - Fog Light (and High Beam) "Flasher"

From the main screen select 09-Cent. Elect
    When the BMC screen opens, select Security Access-16
    Enter the magic number 31347
    When the main BCM screen returns, select Adaptation-10
    Change the settings in adaptation channels shown in the two Tables below to the "New Value":

Note1: The channels in the Tables below are about 80% down the list of channels on the VCDS adaptation screen
Note2: Select the adaptation channels carefully as other channels have similar descriptions
Note3: If LED Fog Lights are installed - change adaptation channel (10) on both left and right fog-lights to "127" (instead of "100")
Note4: Adaptation channels (11) - (i.e. last row in Table) should not need to be changed, but the settings should be checked

« Last Edit: 29 October 2014, 08:03 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 29 October 2014, 10:39 »
definitely going to do this, well done mate, keep it up  :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #584 on: 29 October 2014, 10:49 »
That's class - great to see new tweaks are coming out too.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #585 on: 29 October 2014, 11:37 »
Ha..always on the lookout for more boys.

I'm currently trying to find the following (not sure if they even exist).

1. Activate other menus for bluetooth in the MFD other than just last calls (like the phone book)

2. Activate the climate graphic automatically on screen when adjusting a setting on the climate control (like it did on my Scirocco -  just because I think it looked cool)

3. Find a way to change the colour scheme on the MFD to something more colourful. For instance Nav direction arrows in colour etc (like they are on the New A3 and Octavia III, which I guess share similar components and software).

Like I say, they may not exists but more tweaks are being found each day and I think it's our duty to bring them to a wider audience  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #586 on: 29 October 2014, 12:29 »
Nice find.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #587 on: 31 October 2014, 18:05 »
I know I am slightly behind the curve here - but I tried to set my DRL's to be always at 100% - followed the instructions here very carefully but both channels requiring adjustment came up as 'Channel not available'... am I missing something?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #588 on: 01 November 2014, 07:56 »
I had similar problems with drl, and I was on the wrong option from the drop down menu, there are many similar looking ones but are you sure you have the exact wording right?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #589 on: 02 November 2014, 11:00 »
Yes there are lot of similar settings - but I am 100% certain that they were the correct ones:

Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3

Mine is a March 2014 GTD.

I also tried the 'full width brake lights' mod and then went perfectly - seems very strange that its not set up this way from the factory.....
« Last Edit: 02 November 2014, 11:02 by Mark V GTD »