Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 778670 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2013, 21:25 »
That's a good one too Craig, and thanks doug
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2013, 22:26 »
Doubt that very much Craig. Just updated my ETKA and they are now showing another Xenon headlight assembly with LED indicators, so presume this is the R version (as the videos of the R show the indicators being full width LED versions). So would guess its only this version that has the double DRL's.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2013, 22:37 »
Doubt that very much Craig. Just updated my ETKA and they are now showing another Xenon headlight assembly with LED indicators, so presume this is the R version (as the videos of the R show the indicators being full width LED versions). So would guess its only this version that has the double DRL's.

Thanks for checking Norbreck. I didn't think it was likely but worth investigating

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2013, 12:25 »
Hi guys,

Should have my mk7 mid Dac now....I live in the middleands and travel to see family in Bristol.....I want sum of these tweaks but just concerned with the unknown and not done much software updates personnely...is anyone local to me that would do this for me..I mean rain window closure sounds great..I would pay for your time friend.
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 October 2013, 13:43 »
Hi Norbreck,

I tried this out lastnight with a friend's VAG COM and the only one I got working was the "fuel quantity" one. Pretty cool alright.

Can you be more specific with how you got the fogs working with coming/leaving home? We were poking around in the " central electronics module" dropdown and there were hundreds of options there, many of them in german! So we didn't risk changing anything.

One cool thing we found, we were able to make the sound-actuator do a test / diagnostics sound (like a big whistle / whoosh!)... the sound actuator is at the base of the windscreen.

OK so first post for Coding (as earlier posted).

Did a bit of digging around with VCDS, and enabled a few options. Most are in German from the adaptation channel labels, so I need to brush up on my German, but did find a couple of interesting bits.

Enabled a hidden menu in the MFD to show the amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up (seems to be to the nearest Gallon), but thought it was cool anyway:

IMG_1151 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

For those that want to enable this:
Select  [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

That's it.

Also, from the central electronics module, i've added rain closing for the windows, and use of front fogs (as well as the DRL's) as Coming home and leaving home. Look well cool.

These can just be enabled from the adaptation channels drop down. Note, that the central electronics menus is password locked, so you first need to go into Function 16 (Permissions), and enter the code 31347. This then gives you access to the central electronics menu.

I'll be deciphering a little bit more of the German text over the next few days and will have another play. What I really want to find is the following:

Alarm Chirp on lock.
Somehow getting the telephone contacts menu into the MFD.
Getting the climatronic settings to display momentarily on screen when something is adjusted (like the MK6 / Scirocco platform did.)
Getting the mirrors to fold and unfold with the keyfob (rather than ignition on).
Getting the coming home lights to activate automatically (rather than having to flash main beam).

Some or all of these may / may not be possible, but I guess as more people start playing around with the MK7, we'll get to know over the coming months. If I do manage to enable any of the above I let you all know, likewise if anyone else knows how to do any of the above just shout up.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2013, 16:20 »
Hi Joe,

I'll bring my VCDS in tomorrow (and my laptop) to work, and have another dig around and let you know where it was (it was in German though).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SA-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 09 October 2013, 19:48 »
Good info in here and thanks for sharing. Joe, was there an option to turn the sound-actuator off?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2013, 21:38 »
Yes I think there was, not 100% sure.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 10 October 2013, 17:23 »
Here's the adaptation channel for setting the fog lights (and the front DRL's) as Coming home lights.

Ignore the channel numbers as they seem to vary depending on the equipment fitted, just look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination", and set the new value drop down to "Fog Light" - simple as that. (don't forget you will need the security access code as I posted earlier to unlock the module each time you go into it).

2013-10-10_171542 by Sootchucker, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 10 October 2013, 17:34 by Norbreck21a »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2013, 17:30 »
Just found a new one. The ability to display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge). This ones really simple. Enter [17] Instruments, then go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module), scroll down until you see Battery Charge (it's condition on mine was set to "TBD") , simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

IMG_1152 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Useage
Wait until you have switched the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles (don't worry so long as you keep holding, it won't actually reset the trip), then quickly show "Time" to allow you to change the clock, then so long as you keep holding, it will say "Battery". Release the button and the following will be displayed for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

For some reason, the SE and GT models have this functionality set straight from the factory, but GTI's and GTD's don't ?
« Last Edit: 10 October 2013, 17:33 by Norbreck21a »