Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 784635 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #30 on: 11 October 2013, 13:51 »
Exactly. It did save my old MK5 some years ago. My work colleague and I both left our cars in the work Car park on what was a very hot day in May. Not a cloud in the sky, but very hot (already at about 25°C if I remember). My car at the time had leather and it has horrible getting into the car at the end of the day when it was stifling hot and the leather burnt your legs.

Anyway, we both left our cars with the windows down a couple of inches to allow air circulation. We came back much later in the afternoon, and the sky was jet black and where I work had just suffered a horendous thunderstorm, and everywhere was awash with water. We went to our cars and luckily, my auto close had worked and shut all the windws, however my friends Astra was completely soaked inside. It took many months to dry out and he had to go almost everywhere for ages with the rear demister and AC on to clear the condensation.
« Last Edit: 11 October 2013, 13:53 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 11 October 2013, 16:59 »
Sounds good, but excusing my ignorance, how does it know it is raining ? Is it the rain sensor behind the rear view mirror that triggers the wipers, and does that stay active all the time ? Have you tested it somehow ? Thanks
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 11 October 2013, 17:01 »
Sounds good, but excusing my ignorance, how does it know it is raining ? Is it the rain sensor behind the rear view mirror that triggers the wipers, and does that stay active all the time ? Have you tested it somehow ? Thanks

It uses the rain sensor in the windscreen. This option could also have been VAG-COM enabled in the MK5 and MK6 so it's nothing new. Easy enough to test, just park the car, leave a window open and pour water over the windscreen... the window should close.
It's also known as the "anti-wet-arse" feature  :grin:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 11 October 2013, 17:13 »
I had this enabled on my Golf thinking it was a great feature but don't think I used it once in the 3 years of ownership.

The concept is a great idea but leaving my windows open an inch or so used to set off my alarm and I sure as hell wasn't leaving the car with the windows open a touch with the alarm deactivated  :grin:

I'd still activate it though, just in case  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 12 October 2013, 22:23 »
Right, found the alarm beep on lock / unlock.

It's in [09] Central Electronics

Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:

(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)

Set one or both to on if you wish.

Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)

This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

I have just done it on locking only.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2013, 22:27 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 12 October 2013, 22:30 »
Norbreck - any point having the chirp if you enable fold/unfold wing mirrors on open/close? Have we got the pathway for that yet?

I wonder whether some of the A3 8V VCDS pathways are exactly the same as those for the MK7 Golf on features they've already activated that we would like to on ours? http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7.php
Is quite a handy resource.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 12 October 2013, 22:40 »
I just like the audio confirmation as I'm walking away from the car without looking back to see if the mirrors are folded -each to their own. I'm just tying to see what can be coded for the benefit of everyone on here. If they choose not to use it, then fine, but currently VCDS information is quite sketchy at best for the MK7, so sort of forging a path so to speak  :laugh:

I'm sure there must be quite a few similarities between Audi/ VW / Seat and Skoda modules, but I guess it's all down to the firmware loaded into them?

Have had a good route around the central electronics module, and can only find a couple of references to the mirrors from the hundreds of APK's listed. Tried them all, and none of them seem to give our desired function of unfolding on remote unlock (rather than ignition), so presume this is a new firmware VW will be using ? I'm hoping to be proved wrong of course - anyone else had a poke around yet or just me  :grin:
« Last Edit: 12 October 2013, 22:42 by Norbreck21a »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 12 October 2013, 22:49 »
Norbreck - Good work with all the looking around. If I can't get the mirrors to fold on locking and unfold on unlocking (which should be entirely possible as BW45 and up get it) I would settle for the locking beep - enabled it on my Scirocco.

I'm amazed so little VCDS info has been gleaned on the net from the lesser MK7s which have been available for a year now.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 12 October 2013, 22:59 »
If a newer firmware was needed for the unfold on unlock I guess you would need to go back to the dealers and get charged for this? Is it even something that the dealers could do?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline dr77

• Just got here
« Reply #39 on: 12 October 2013, 23:42 »
Is there a code to allow the rev counter and speedo instrument needles to sweep when the ignition is turned on?

I know this is enabled on the GTD/GTI from the factory but its not on the GT.

Thanks for your help.