Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376539 times)

Offline andykram

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2250 on: 02 June 2014, 19:24 »
I love T5s - but have absolutely no need for one. Still think an R will be my next purchase.
Good luck with the T5 hunting - stick some photos up when you get it.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2251 on: 04 July 2014, 20:22 »

Well that lasted 7 weeks before I sold it on, my memories of my first one didn't match the reality....thankfully didn't lose a penny.

But it have also sold my wife's '63 120d M-Sport we picked up new last Sep when we got rid of the GTi  :whistle:

Got another hot hatch on the way which we pick up next weekend....will pop a couple of pics up once we have it  :smiley:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2252 on: 04 July 2014, 20:35 »
Not tempted out of the GTI yet, but I did get to drive a R while my alloy was getting swapped recently. Very impressive! Not sure I can afford one or would want to pay that much all things considered. Any of you owned or been in a Toyota GT86? The wife is fancying one, they look great, with very good write ups, sounds like a test drive to me...
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2253 on: 04 July 2014, 21:33 »

Well that lasted 7 weeks before I sold it on, my memories of my first one didn't match the reality....thankfully didn't lose a penny.

But it have also sold my wife's '63 120d M-Sport we picked up new last Sep when we got rid of the GTi  :whistle:

Got another hot hatch on the way which we pick up next weekend....will pop a couple of pics up once we have it  :smiley:

Well neither of them lasted long eh  :whistle:  maybe some things are best left as fond memory.

Going to keep us guessing on your latest acquisition?  Look forward to seeing what tickled you and the mrs' fancy.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2254 on: 05 July 2014, 08:20 »
Well the deal from my wife was it must be a cost neutral change...challenge accepted :evil:

By hitting the dealership in the last week of quarter 2 I have managed to get a new Fiesta ST-2 on a 2yr PCP, they have taken the negative equity on the 120d and reduced our monthly payments, along with a lower APR than BMW offered.

The big win is a smaller GFV by over £3k which is ideal as we will buy the car at the end of the term.

This is my/our 10th Fiesta so it is a bit of a weakness and the new one has had fab reviews, just need to swing the Mountune upgrade now....maybe she can have it for her birthday :whistle:

Oh and it's black so I am sure you'll approve Booth :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2255 on: 05 July 2014, 17:22 »
Well the deal from my wife was it must be a cost neutral change...challenge accepted :evil:

By hitting the dealership in the last week of quarter 2 I have managed to get a new Fiesta ST-2 on a 2yr PCP, they have taken the negative equity on the 120d and reduced our monthly payments, along with a lower APR than BMW offered.

The big win is a smaller GFV by over £3k which is ideal as we will buy the car at the end of the term.

This is my/our 10th Fiesta so it is a bit of a weakness and the new one has had fab reviews, just need to swing the Mountune upgrade now....maybe she can have it for her birthday :whistle:

Oh and it's black so I am sure you'll approve Booth :cool:

Good deal  :cool:

Bet it's gonna be a little smasher, especially if you can convince mrs Raffe that the power upgrade is the perfect birthday present  :wink:  What power gain will that give you? going from 182bhp? 

Look forward to seeing the pics  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2256 on: 05 July 2014, 22:16 »
The actual power on them standard is 197bhp, but as it is achieved by an over boost facility Eu law doesn't allow it to be sold at that figure, in the US it is sold as the full power figure.

Mountune package boosts that to 215bhp in a car weighing approx 1150kgs, so a good 200kgs lighter than a MK6 GTi...it's a feisty little package to say the least and the handling is fantastic.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2257 on: 16 July 2014, 20:44 »
Couple of (crap) pics of the new Fester, so far both of us really enjoying it :cool:

It would seem the black is the least popular colour for this model but we both think it looks great, very pleased.

Oh and Revo are tuning them and making interesting figures  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2258 on: 16 July 2014, 21:32 »
Very nice Raffe, the pocket rocket looks  menacing in that second pic  :evil:  Torn between Moutune or Revo upgrade?

Can't think why black would be so unpopular  :whistle: 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2259 on: 16 July 2014, 21:50 »
Always liked the fiesta ST. Imo mountune is the only route would not even look at revo.

Only think I dont like about any of the new fiestas is how small the wheels look due to the side profile but the rest of the package is ideal. Also its a proper size for a hothatch not a large hatch like the golfs. The golfs at the end of the day are larger than mk2 cavaliers were in their day so its a family car not a hatch...
« Last Edit: 16 July 2014, 21:53 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.