Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245742 times)

Offline Rimp

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1370 on: 27 February 2020, 15:44 »
seeing the videos and media photos of the new Mk8 GTI/GTE/GTD today.... I'm so so glad I ordered a TCR when I did.   
GTI TCR 5dr Pure Grey+Black on Pretorias -on order

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1371 on: 27 February 2020, 16:28 »
So am I 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1372 on: 27 February 2020, 19:39 »
Curious to see photos from UK dealer social media accounts of dozens of fully built mk8’s ready to be shipped during the Wolfsburg factory UK dealer launch event and yet they’re still building mk7’s! for 20 plate delivery!
Shows how flexible MQB production must be to build them almost side by side.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline robwils

• Just got here
« Reply #1373 on: 11 August 2020, 21:32 »
Given my parking conditions, particularly in winter, dark, tight spaces, high kerbs I have a few nicks on my alloys, and do not bother to refurbish as likely to nick them again at some point, so I just live with them and they not bad enough to spoil the effect, you have trouble seeing damage from any standing distance, I am not that clumsy, but upon close inspection they are obviously there to see.

One hope, with the Reifnitz being a matte finish is that I can do my own spot repairs periodically, so AGB do they look like that would be easy to do if had the correct paint pen?

Also, for those more connected, any idea as to what the code for the reifnitz matte black would be?

They don't look like a difficult wheel to repair and I must say, they're much better looking in the metal than they appear in photographs. I was going to go for another Pretoria wheel but I'm glad that I went with the newer wheel in the end.

Repair is easy, way better than diamond cut. The paint is a standard VAG finish (I have the code) but touching it in versus sanding/filling/priming and spraying is likely to look worse as you'll never match the surface profile with a pen/dabber.

Tyre choices can help minimise damage or take superficial brushes based on the profile of the sidewall. I need to look at the Pirellis on that basis actually - you've given me something to do later.  :smiley:

Hi , realise it’s a while ago but do you have paint code for Reifnitz wheels ?
Mrs has kerbed hers 😩

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1374 on: 12 August 2020, 09:29 »
Mrs has kerbed hers 😩

Can't help with the VW paint code but can say based on personal experience that Halfords Satin Black touch up is an almost exact match.
TCR 3 door

Offline robwils

• Just got here
« Reply #1375 on: 22 August 2020, 17:42 »
Mrs has kerbed hers 😩

Can't help with the VW paint code but can say based on personal experience that Halfords Satin Black touch up is an almost exact match.

That’s great, thanks, will give it a go.

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1376 on: 27 August 2020, 00:12 »
Having never driven a CSS there’s a curiosity as to whether it’s a sensible long term change from a TCR taking into account limited numbers, great reviews and residuals?

The pros for my TCR: prefer the grey to the CSS choices, like the sunroof, heated windscreen, adaptive lights, digital display and arm rest  :grin:

Pros for CSS: it’s an icon

Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1377 on: 27 August 2020, 09:00 »
Having never driven a CSS there’s a curiosity as to whether it’s a sensible long term change from a TCR taking into account limited numbers, great reviews and residuals?

The pros for my TCR: prefer the grey to the CSS choices, like the sunroof, heated windscreen, adaptive lights, digital display and arm rest  :grin:

Pros for CSS: it’s an icon

And it's a manual and they seem to hold their values well. Other than that, mostly cons unless it'd be a toy. TCR has lots of pros, back seats, practical, quieter. Have a look at some of the Volkswizard reviews on you tube, he had a CSS and now has a TCR. It's fairly clear as to his preference....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1378 on: 27 August 2020, 16:03 »
As a semi-mothballed fully mollycoddled toy the CSS makes a heap of sense and has everything going for it.

For a daily driver the TCR would win hands down in the creature comfort stakes.

Kinda stating the obvious I guess.

Ask AGB as he can do a direct comparison and uses his CSS daily. I know what he’d say!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #1379 on: 27 August 2020, 16:58 »
For me the issue with the CSS is the lack of rear seats, as I already have at least 2 impractical 2 seaters, it's not what a Golf is about to me?

That is why I jumped at the chance of the nearest to CSS spec Clubsport I could find, so that it can also function as a Golf!

Personally not a fan of the Dsg only TCR, so it had to be a manual CS., I won't go on about the body kit etc.... ;)
« Last Edit: 27 August 2020, 17:00 by clubsport »