Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245727 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1341 on: 20 February 2020, 19:43 »
https://www.sandicliffe.co.uk/car-road-tax-vehicle-excise-duty-increases-april-2020

Thanks mcmaddy; that’s the info source I used for my post when I replied to mistac.

@mistac; as Fred has said, it’s the buyer who pays the increased VED rate; the dealer won’t be absorbing this additional £320.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1342 on: 20 February 2020, 20:04 »
I'll be trying to avoid paying it in some way even it's just slightly offset by the two services. If VW are so incompetent that they can't deliver a car within 12 or so weeks when other manufacturers can then they can take some of the responsibility if not all. I might and probably will get nowhere but I'll be trying.

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1343 on: 20 February 2020, 20:24 »
Hi guys, my first post in this forum. I had a flick through this thread but forgive me for not reading all 130+ pages.

I ordered a TCR back in December and was given an expected delivery time around the end of March 2020. (first time ordering a car from new) I downloaded that My VW app which states the order is with the factory but hasn't given me a confirmed build week yet. I dropped the dealership an email double checking they hadn't heard about delays etc and was told they hadn't heard of anything and that they expected my build week to be mid March.

I heard a rumour that the dynaudio systems were in short supply but other than that nothing. I was half expecting to have at least heard of an estimated build week by now?

Am I just being impatient or do you guys think that in order to pick the car up end of march I should have heard more progress by now? again this is the first time I've gone through this process so I'm unfamiliar with the timescales involved.

I currently live and work in Lisbon, Portugal but I'm transferring back to the UK at the end of March so the original timing would have been perfect for me.

I’ve had my car since last June, the My VW app says it’s on stage 6, arrived in country  :grin:

My dealer was really good at updating me on progress, their system has much better info than the app
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1344 on: 20 February 2020, 22:08 »
I'll be trying to avoid paying it in some way even it's just slightly offset by the two services. If VW are so incompetent that they can't deliver a car within 12 or so weeks when other manufacturers can then they can take some of the responsibility if not all. I might and probably will get nowhere but I'll be trying.

You'll get nowhere. Vw lead times are four months minimum, six months plus is not unheard of typically. Do others do better? Yes of course. Bmw is four to six weeks.

Should have bought a BMW lol
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1345 on: 20 February 2020, 22:16 »
https://www.sandicliffe.co.uk/car-road-tax-vehicle-excise-duty-increases-april-2020

Thanks mcmaddy; that’s the info source I used for my post when I replied to mistac.

@mistac; as Fred has said, it’s the buyer who pays the increased VED rate; the dealer won’t be absorbing this additional £320.

thanks - so it looks like they are using the current tax year co2 figures/bands and then applying whatever the wltp co2/bands equivalent is and applying to new vehicles from 1.4.20 onwards? - if that makes sense
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1346 on: 20 February 2020, 22:24 »

thanks - so it looks like they are using the current tax year co2 figures/bands and then applying whatever the wltp co2/bands equivalent is and applying to new vehicles from 1.4.20 onwards? - if that makes sense

Yes, that’s my understanding of WLTP-based VED rates from 01/04/2020.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1347 on: 21 February 2020, 07:47 »

yes spot on and 6th April (new tax year) for company car drivers.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1348 on: 21 February 2020, 07:51 »

Should have bought a BMW lol
the thought did cross my mind but then the horrible thought of being a BMW tosser driver put me off 😂😂.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1349 on: 22 February 2020, 09:19 »
Finally, build week confirmed. Someone remind me again is that confirmed to be built in the next 4 weeks at some point? I might get this before April 1st 🤞