Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245746 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1200 on: 22 January 2020, 08:47 »
Is that for half of it?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1201 on: 22 January 2020, 08:48 »
Lookers Walton have a grey 69 plate TCR for £21999...

:grin: Good luck buying it for that price!!!!  :grin:

I had a Touareg before my R and that was priced £500 cheaper than on the internet and they would not budge, just put it down to human error and did I want the car at the higher price or not?!?!? :huh:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1202 on: 22 January 2020, 08:57 »
I collected mine at the weekend, tornado red with sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" Wheels and ahem the hexagonal graphics.

The dealership said not to worry about running it in and just drive it as I please straight away, what have others been told?
Overall very happy.

Congratulations on the new car. Opinions on the need to "run in" modern engines are mixed but by being reasonably gentle with it for the first 1k miles, and trying to avoid long periods at the same revs, you will allow the components to bed in properly so a short period of mechanical sympathy may well pay dividends in the long run.

.........and it’s not just the engine. Brakes and tyres also benefit from a little considerate usage early in their lives.

Yes was pretty much my thoughts as well.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1203 on: 22 January 2020, 10:00 »
I collected mine at the weekend, tornado red with sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" Wheels and ahem the hexagonal graphics.
After being slow with ordering a factory build I settled on 90% of my options on a stock car, therefore the graphics (Wouldnt have been my choice) are staying for now to see if they grow on me, but are getting a few negative jokey comments.

I took advantage of the 0% finance on new and a 4k discount which swung it for me....Generally a pleasant experience with the dealership not so impressed with the level of clean of the car on collection. It had been in the showroom for a while so dusty in places inside and grey spots on the front that come off with a nail underneath so will need a claybar next wash.

It came included with the TCR lights under the doors that came up as a cost option on the configurator...Im 200 miles in and love it so far, feels sharp to turn in and the akrapovic exhaust already sounds like its getting louder, nice smooth gearbox. the digital dash seemed a little busy to start with but getting used to that now, the car just feels so right.

The dealership said not to worry about running it in and just drive it as I please straight away, what have others been told?
Overall very happy.

I ran mine in for the 1000 miles, its no real hardship - I get what they say about modern engines and testing etc, but having worked in a precision engineering environment and with some uber skilled folk, the overriding message that took away is that you let metals heat, expand and cool and allow the lubricants to really work into all areas of the mechanics and basically let the mechanics bed in before you start taking anything to its limits and thats not just the engine but the whole car really - I bought a demo Bora Sport once with 3000 miles on it, a bargain, cost me more in oil and poor fuel economy over its life than saved!!

vary you speed, some town and motorway/A roads and then some tow again and keep under 3000 revs which will have you at speed limit anyway and as come to the 1000 mile mark just open it up more - my TCR is nearing 3000 miles now and is lovely and loose and responsive and the Akrapovic cracks and pops have really increased.

Its a great car, all the grunt of the R with all the agility of the GTI = Enjoy!
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #1204 on: 22 January 2020, 10:11 »
It’s a car on their forecourt, seen it this morning ( my 6th trip there in 3 weeks )
So why didn’t you buy it! It must be an error.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1205 on: 22 January 2020, 11:01 »
Lookers Walton have a grey 69 plate TCR for £21999...

Must be this one, thats some discount they offering :)

Though if can squeeze them a little more on price its still quite a good deal compared to new, new

https://www.lookers.co.uk/dealer-new-car/volkswagen/golf/2-0-tsi-290-gti-tcr-5dr-dsg/id/234278
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #1206 on: 22 January 2020, 11:14 »
i've got 2 grey golfs already...not sure i can cope with the stress of a third

Yeah but at that price? You could sell it to Watts for £32k. You make 10k, he gets a cheap TCR, everybody’s happy!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1207 on: 22 January 2020, 11:34 »
Knowing how useless Lookers are, it’s probably a huge error

Do you think?? :grin:

the old saying if it sounds to good to be true..... a new TCR for half price! :shocked:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline ChrisTCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1208 on: 22 January 2020, 12:35 »
The price is £35k via that link

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1209 on: 22 January 2020, 12:55 »
i've got 2 grey golfs already...not sure i can cope with the stress of a third

Yeah but at that price? You could sell it to Watts for £32k. You make 10k, he gets a cheap TCR, everybody’s happy!

Oi! Have a bit more respect for my wallet, it has feelings too :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.