Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245751 times)

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1190 on: 19 January 2020, 11:40 »
Love the 3 Door White TCR which looks a pretty rare spec as most 3 doors seem to be Grey.

From the one I saw at Frankfurt in Tornado Red, I thought the interior was better
matched  to the white and grey exterior.

I’m in a similar place trying to justify a TCR over my PP.

The positives on my 3 door; Art Velour interior, Manual , Refined on long journeys and being Isaac Blue can blend in when required to.

The positives for a TCR: More of an enthusiasts choice, rare, increased performance.

I think I need a test drive

Ah, a 3dr Isaac Blue. I thought they didn't exist! Show us a pic then.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1191 on: 19 January 2020, 12:15 »
2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1192 on: 19 January 2020, 12:22 »
I've currently got a mk7 pp and didn't see the point in changing to another performance pack GTi even though the monthly figures would have been a lot better. I didn't want an R because they just look boring and aren't engaging (sorry R owners) so the only model left was the TCR. With the 0% finance I've got an excellent deal which just made it worth while.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1193 on: 19 January 2020, 12:23 »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/181641601@N07/?

From when it was detailed

Stunning, never seen a 3-door in Isaac blue. 👍🏾
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1194 on: 19 January 2020, 12:36 »
Thanks,  the only time I’ve ever walked in a car dealership for a look and had signed the paperwork an hour later was when I came across this last February.  I think it really works with the Art Velours trim.

2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #1195 on: 19 January 2020, 13:31 »
Yes, it does look stunning on the brescias. Thanks for posting, that is an unusual- and very nice- spec.
If it was mine, I wouldn’t sell it!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1196 on: 21 January 2020, 15:45 »
I collected mine at the weekend, tornado red with sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" Wheels and ahem the hexagonal graphics.
After being slow with ordering a factory build I settled on 90% of my options on a stock car, therefore the graphics (Wouldnt have been my choice) are staying for now to see if they grow on me, but are getting a few negative jokey comments.

I took advantage of the 0% finance on new and a 4k discount which swung it for me....Generally a pleasant experience with the dealership not so impressed with the level of clean of the car on collection. It had been in the showroom for a while so dusty in places inside and grey spots on the front that come off with a nail underneath so will need a claybar next wash.

It came included with the TCR lights under the doors that came up as a cost option on the configurator...Im 200 miles in and love it so far, feels sharp to turn in and the akrapovic exhaust already sounds like its getting louder, nice smooth gearbox. the digital dash seemed a little busy to start with but getting used to that now, the car just feels so right.

The dealership said not to worry about running it in and just drive it as I please straight away, what have others been told?
Overall very happy.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 15:47 by turnipandchips »
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1197 on: 21 January 2020, 20:21 »
I collected mine at the weekend, tornado red with sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" Wheels and ahem the hexagonal graphics.
After being slow with ordering a factory build I settled on 90% of my options on a stock car, therefore the graphics (Wouldnt have been my choice) are staying for now to see if they grow on me, but are getting a few negative jokey comments.

I took advantage of the 0% finance on new and a 4k discount which swung it for me....Generally a pleasant experience with the dealership not so impressed with the level of clean of the car on collection. It had been in the showroom for a while so dusty in places inside and grey spots on the front that come off with a nail underneath so will need a claybar next wash.

It came included with the TCR lights under the doors that came up as a cost option on the configurator...Im 200 miles in and love it so far, feels sharp to turn in and the akrapovic exhaust already sounds like its getting louder, nice smooth gearbox. the digital dash seemed a little busy to start with but getting used to that now, the car just feels so right.

The dealership said not to worry about running it in and just drive it as I please straight away, what have others been told?
Overall very happy.

Sounds like a nice spec - the hexagon side decals won't be to many peoples liking and I wouldn't be able to live with them. But TR really suits the TCR. You need to get a picture up to spur Watts on a bit!  :grin:

Most cars are dealers aren't normally particularly great. I don't think most have much of clue beyond a wash and even that won't be done in a safe way.

If you claybar it, don't forget you'll then to polish and seal it as will then be unprotected paint.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1198 on: 22 January 2020, 06:36 »

Overall very happy.

Congratulations on the new car. Opinions on the need to "run in" modern engines are mixed but by being reasonably gentle with it for the first 1k miles, and trying to avoid long periods at the same revs, you will allow the components to bed in properly so a short period of mechanical sympathy may well pay dividends in the long run.
TCR 3 door

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1199 on: 22 January 2020, 06:59 »

Overall very happy.

Congratulations on the new car. Opinions on the need to "run in" modern engines are mixed but by being reasonably gentle with it for the first 1k miles, and trying to avoid long periods at the same revs, you will allow the components to bed in properly so a short period of mechanical sympathy may well pay dividends in the long run.

.........and it’s not just the engine. Brakes and tyres also benefit from a little considerate usage early in their lives.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.