Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245717 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1150 on: 06 January 2020, 18:22 »
Hi new to the forum and have been following this thread with interest (Forgot I had actually registered to be able to post).

I have been debating getting either a new or ex demo TCR. (A manual edition 40 is also an alternative option).
On the TCR looking for a spec with DCC, sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" wheels and the heated screen. Well if im going over the 40k threshold with only a couple of options I might as well go for it.
I put together a spec on the configurator coming out at around 42k, I then went to drive the deal and they quoted me £36K at 4.9 interest and a 12 week leadtime on a factory order (Sounds optimistic based on the guy who ordered above)
Is anyone been getting any better deals than this?

The ex demo with similar spec at around the 30 to 31k is looking at costing £1500 more in interest on the finance (Price from my existing finance supplier), but obviously less overall payment...I figured if I up my budget any more I might as well get a new one. 

I have a 13 plate C63 mercedes to sell which suits me to sell in the spring with it needing a service now, so a factory order would fit in with my needs, but debating if I just wait and get an ex demo or stock car in March/April as was wondering what might happen with Mk7 prices with the Mk8 Gti due in March I think.
Decisions, decisions.

I have a GTI on order through DTD with a March delivery date- started off on 4.9% PCP but dealer has agreed to swap to 0% scheme - as mentioned you lose the 2k deposit but my dealer held the DTD price (as expected) and if I stick with original planned total deposit (I may not now though with 0% on offer!) I am due to save approx. £35 per month. The other great thing with 0% is I now don't need to consider paying off immediately and replacing with low rate bank loan. Cant your dealer offer you 0% on a TCR once the DTD side is finalised?
« Last Edit: 06 January 2020, 18:26 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1151 on: 06 January 2020, 18:29 »
TCR has all the extras too Fred plus uprated front brakes, nicer seats, akrapovic exhaust and 45hp more.

Akra exhaust is standard?! Oooooh....
very first ones didn't Fred but all new ones do 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1152 on: 06 January 2020, 19:46 »
Hi new to the forum and have been following this thread with interest (Forgot I had actually registered to be able to post).

I have been debating getting either a new or ex demo TCR. (A manual edition 40 is also an alternative option).
On the TCR looking for a spec with DCC, sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" wheels and the heated screen. Well if im going over the 40k threshold with only a couple of options I might as well go for it.
I put together a spec on the configurator coming out at around 42k, I then went to drive the deal and they quoted me £36K at 4.9 interest and a 12 week leadtime on a factory order (Sounds optimistic based on the guy who ordered above)
Is anyone been getting any better deals than this?

The ex demo with similar spec at around the 30 to 31k is looking at costing £1500 more in interest on the finance (Price from my existing finance supplier), but obviously less overall payment...I figured if I up my budget any more I might as well get a new one. 

I have a 13 plate C63 mercedes to sell which suits me to sell in the spring with it needing a service now, so a factory order would fit in with my needs, but debating if I just wait and get an ex demo or stock car in March/April as was wondering what might happen with Mk7 prices with the Mk8 Gti due in March I think.
Decisions, decisions.

I have a GTI on order through DTD with a March delivery date- started off on 4.9% PCP but dealer has agreed to swap to 0% scheme - as mentioned you lose the 2k deposit but my dealer held the DTD price (as expected) and if I stick with original planned total deposit (I may not now though with 0% on offer!) I am due to save approx. £35 per month. The other great thing with 0% is I now don't need to consider paying off immediately and replacing with low rate bank loan. Cant your dealer offer you 0% on a TCR once the DTD side is finalised?

Cheers mistac, I'll look into it.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1153 on: 15 January 2020, 13:49 »
Nice late 2019 review https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/motoring/road-test-of-the-year-2019-volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr/

Now more at one with the TCR and 'just driving it' this article resonates with my experience to date.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1154 on: 15 January 2020, 18:28 »
Quite a nice little article that. Doesn’t go into massive detail but says enough about the car to sum it up very well from the perspective of a GTI sceptic.

I’d planned to go back to a 4wd hatch along the lines of a mk8 R or M135i once the Leonardo DiCaprio style (versatile pretty boy) Clubsport had done its time with me. Due to a change from a short, mostly outskirts of the city, commute to a much longer nighttime rural one I was always reluctant to mess up the ultra low mileage immaculate much loved Edition 40 with salt spray, mud proliferation and stone chips.

The TCR swayed me away from the Clubsport due to having little and not so little upgrades over and above my Ed40 which made it a very slightly better car for its role, not least of all the truly excellent adaptive LED lights. The TCR is a very business like GTI, the sort of car the enthusiast owner of a standard GTI would build using parts bin OEM+ and aftermarket upgrades were it not a production model.

So far during a very very wet autumn and early winter it hasn’t once felt lacking in grip or traction, plus the handling is truly inspiring at times.

If cars were like film characters a lady was going out on a date with then the Golf R would be James Bond. Handsome, suave, charismatic know it all who was also 11/10 when they went back to the hotel room.

The TCR would be Han Solo, that little bit rougher round the edges.
Ask your wives who they’d prefer!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1155 on: 15 January 2020, 21:14 »
Quite a nice little article that. Doesn’t go into massive detail but says enough about the car to sum it up very well from the perspective of a GTI sceptic.

I’d planned to go back to a 4wd hatch along the lines of a mk8 R or M135i once the Leonardo DiCaprio style (versatile pretty boy) Clubsport had done its time with me. Due to a change from a short, mostly outskirts of the city, commute to a much longer nighttime rural one I was always reluctant to mess up the ultra low mileage immaculate much loved Edition 40 with salt spray, mud proliferation and stone chips.

The TCR swayed me away from the Clubsport due to having little and not so little upgrades over and above my Ed40 which made it a very slightly better car for its role, not least of all the truly excellent adaptive LED lights. The TCR is a very business like GTI, the sort of car the enthusiast owner of a standard GTI would build using parts bin OEM+ and aftermarket upgrades were it not a production model.

So far during a very very wet autumn and early winter it hasn’t once felt lacking in grip or traction, plus the handling is truly inspiring at times.

If cars were like film characters a lady was going out on a date with then the Golf R would be James Bond. Handsome, suave, charismatic know it all who was also 11/10 when they went back to the hotel room.

Nice, along with that review (cheers Hertsman :smiley:) I'm getting really keen now on a TCR. Only thing is 3 door cars are few and far between with most being higher mileage than I want to go for. I really didn't want a 5 door but am rapidly concluding it to be pretty much the only option. There's just one 3 door worth considering, in grey, but it is pretty basic on 18s and as nice as they are, I rather fancy 19s and might regret it. 5 door options include an Oryx with Reifnitz, sunroof, climate screen and Dynaudio but 4k+ miles, a TR with Reifnitz on 3k miles or a TR on delivery miles, 69 plate and Akrapovic but otherwise standard for similar money.

This may seem easy for many of you but I've never really been in this position before, normally I see a car and buy it! Any wise and sensible words welcomed :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #1156 on: 15 January 2020, 21:35 »

Nice, along with that review (cheers Hertsman :smiley:) I'm getting really keen now on a TCR. Only thing is 3 door cars are few and far between with most being higher mileage than I want to go for. I really didn't want a 5 door but am rapidly concluding it to be pretty much the only option. There's just one 3 door worth considering, in grey, but it is pretty basic on 18s and as nice as they are, I rather fancy 19s and might regret it. 5 door options include an Oryx with Reifnitz, sunroof, climate screen and Dynaudio but 4k+ miles, a TR with Reifnitz on 3k miles or a TR on delivery miles, 69 plate and Akrapovic but otherwise standard for similar money.

This may seem easy for many of you but I've never really been in this position before, normally I see a car and buy it! Any wise and sensible words welcomed :smiley:

I see from your other post that you plan on keeping long term. In which case, I’d suggest waiting for the car you want- a 3 door. They may be rare but it’ll be worth the wait if 10 years down the line you can say you have the very last of the 3 door GTIs!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #1157 on: 15 January 2020, 21:58 »
You can swap the wheels, you can't correct the number of doors  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1158 on: 15 January 2020, 23:03 »
I have watched the market for a while and recently did a deal and collect mine at the weekend.
Must have for me where DCC, dynaudio and the 19" wheels, I like a sunroof although not fitting with the race car image I like to open it in the winter with heated seats and hear the exhaust note.
I looked at ex demos for 30, 31k but if buying on finance you can get a brand new one on 0% finance, plus the discounts it works out much the same....must be unregistered otherwise its 4.9% interest. There are still a few brand new from stock cars out there.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1159 on: 16 January 2020, 07:28 »
:undecided:

Hang on for the right three door.  They are very few and far between but the childish pleasure I take from driving something that's rarer than a Huracán on UK roads is immense  :wink:
TCR 3 door