Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245816 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1080 on: 12 November 2019, 16:02 »
Lovely looking car Ado  :cool:
Sensible spec too, the climate screen will be a godsend.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1081 on: 12 November 2019, 16:48 »

Only used the climate screen for condensation as not had a freeze morning yet but works impressively to point you take no condensation for granted. Also like the 'tint' it gives when you walk up to the car in certain lights - given the decals for example were £550 and the black roof over £600 the climate screen seemed good value at £320

Another hit was the 90% tints, relatively low cost at £90 and was concerned they be too much contrast, but really add to the look and all passengers make comment and have said they love sitting behind them
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1082 on: 12 November 2019, 17:24 »

Thanks. The last one on 18 didn't have DCC and was fine so opted without on this, plus the fact I really like the belvedere meant I saved £2k. Still waiting to test out the screen on cold days like Hertsman, but I've been leaving the fan off and the screen is kept clear when all the other Windows mist up so a great option.

Only tweak so far is to turn on slam lock via obd eleven so it auto locks
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1083 on: 12 November 2019, 20:09 »
If I’d bought mine new I’d have almost definitely skipped the 19” and DCC option after driving the actual car I bought (which has Reifnitz) earlier in the summer as the DCC doesn’t impress me over and above the normal passive suspension.
I’d have just got my Pretorias powder coated satin black, transferring them from my Clubsport.

That’s a partial fib as I was offered an excellent deal on an in stock car with Reifnitz via evo1986 back in August that I wasn’t able to buy due to expensive kids needing dad “loans” but if I’d had to actually put in a fresh order I’d planned going basic spec plus heated screen.

The heated screen was the big draw in the end to purchase the ex-staff/launch car I did buy as I work shifts and tend to use the car during the coldest darkest hours by far the most.

Ironically I’ve not had to use the heated screen yet as the only two frosty mornings so far I’ve been using a different car!  :rolleyes:
Does the heated front screen switch on with the HRW button?
I’ve yet to RTFM!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1084 on: 12 November 2019, 20:16 »
Either way your TCR still looks great, I am really glad I stuck with white.

The screen is operated via the menu button under the auto button, I have mine set to automatic in the settings so I never have to touch it.
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1085 on: 13 November 2019, 12:19 »
Either way your TCR still looks great, I am really glad I stuck with white.

The screen is operated via the menu button under the auto button, I have mine set to automatic in the settings so I never have to touch it.

Thank you and thank you!  :smiley:
Despite there being a coating of snow on nearby Dartmoor yesterday, even at 4:30 this morning I still didn’t get to use the HFS. I’ll have a scroll through the menus later to see if it’s already been activated by the supplying dealer sales manager who ran the car for a couple months. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1086 on: 06 December 2019, 14:01 »
Do not think I will ever get near to pushing it this hard, but does show its capability, and as article says it does look pretty composed belying the pace being set https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general/golf-gti-tcr-clocks-8-04-at-the-ring/41376
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1087 on: 08 December 2019, 21:49 »
Along way behind CSS time. But I like my pan roof and heated windscreen! Plus pootling to work with dsg
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1088 on: 04 January 2020, 16:36 »
Sorry to resurect an old thread but I'm going to look at a TCR tomorrow with the view of either buying the demo or ordering new. At the moment I'm on Pure Grey, climate screen and Dynaudio and until I drive the demo tomorrow which doesn't have DCC I'm undecided about the DCC. I've had it on both my 7s and really liked it but speccing it will take me well over 40k before discounts. I've also foregone nav pro for the first time which I hope I won't regret. I could go white and save the 620 quid on the grey. Too much choice 😂😂
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1089 on: 04 January 2020, 17:02 »
If you've always had DCC, then you'll probably miss it; so the test drive is going to be absolutely key. Mine's (not TCR) in Comfort 80% of the time and I wouldn't be without it. I appreciate its very divisive though and plenty are perfectly happy to be without.

I think Nav Pro is a waste - the standard screen is nearly as big and OK, you can't have the map on both, but in day to day, it doesn't matter.

I think climate screen, grey and Dynaudio are good, solid choices  -I wish mine had Dynaudio but I wouldn't wait.

Good luck with the test drive, you'll know by the end of it about the ride and then can have a think.
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints