Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245717 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1070 on: 19 October 2019, 14:01 »
Are they not led on the 7.5? That would help. The mib screen might be different on FL. It's exactly the same camera though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1071 on: 19 October 2019, 16:45 »
Looks fantastic but think I would leave the decals off too. Prets are a lovely wheel and I keep looking at them for mine... but I hit a big pothole on my way from work this week and the Belvedere alloy seems fine - I don't think a Pret would have survived  :cry:.

Yes, that is a worry with Prets I guess but never had a set so can't say how vulnerable they are. I do like the Reifnitz option as well.

My Prets were like butter, only clipped them a handful of times, but you would think was kerbing them constantly!

Sure the reifnitz will get a kerb at some point, but the rear camera might help me more than previous as its brighter and clearer than the outgoing

Reminds me, anyone know where can get the reifnitz paint code as hope to do some spot repairs when that time comes.

Did hit a few pot holes like everyone else and and no damage that I was aware of, with the tyre change had just before handed it back not flagging any issues.
Same camera is in all mk7s and 7.5s and numerous other iterations too. You seem quite obsessed in thinking that your TCR has different everything than previous golfs. It doesn't but it's still a lovely looking car.

Think that’s a little harsh as differences appreciating are the MK 7 > MK 7.5 that are new to me and one huge lift Is the resolution and brightness of the glass screen, which makes the reverse feature so much clearer than the MK 7 where you sort of peered into the darkness a little where I park on a relatively poorly lit road - tend to have to parallel park quickly and did clip the prets a few times so having a little bit of reverse visibility via screen is appreciated- never said rear lights were brighter and having spent 6 years in GTD and R both mark 7 fully aware of the commonality and reading back the only difference mentioned were MK7.5 ones

On that subject did find another new feature that liked the high beam assist is pretty damn good, down some dark twisting B roads you could see it dim and adjust to oncoming traffic and when no traffic was coming toward it was like light was making its own tunnel given how wide and bright the arc is.

Accept my GTI exuberance is quite high but obsessed is a little strong as an adjective 😊
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1072 on: 19 October 2019, 17:12 »
It was the camera you were talking about not the screen and you previously thought your DCC was TCR specific too. It's your new car so naturally very exciting 👍 but at the end of the day it's a 7.5gti with some little frilly bits on. I've had the camera on both my mk7 golfs and never thought it was dark on the screen but I've also had nav pro on both too so maybe that's made a difference.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1073 on: 19 October 2019, 23:56 »
It was the camera you were talking about not the screen and you previously thought your DCC was TCR specific too. It's your new car so naturally very exciting 👍 but at the end of the day it's a 7.5gti with some little frilly bits on. I've had the camera on both my mk7 golfs and never thought it was dark on the screen but I've also had nav pro on both too so maybe that's made a difference.

There lies the answer as the standard screen on the MK 7 is nowhere near as bright and as clear as what I am seeing now on this MK 7.5 - Your Pro screen must be of much better resolution which suppose would expect given it’s an upgrade

In terms of the DCC it clearly says there is a difference - now I have no idea what this means technically but every review stated the DCC was firmer than the GTI/R though I will say that now driven it feels very compliant still and even in sport it fidgets on a poor surface opposed to any crashing

But this is what have been referencing so not making it up from an exuberance

Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) including running gear that is lower by 20mm compared with the normal running gear (five millimetres less as compared to the GTI running gear) as well as a special sports adjustment of the front axle and rear axle shock absorbers.

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1074 on: 20 October 2019, 09:21 »
Sounds like the same setup as the Leon Cupra R ST. It's got a slightly different camber on it but the DCC system itself is the same. I'm not putting your car down in any way and the Leon I drove felt very very good with its DCC suspension. If I was ready to change I'd be looking at TCRs 👍👍

Offline Dan - TCR

• Just got here
« Reply #1075 on: 20 October 2019, 17:28 »
Sounds like the same setup as the Leon Cupra R ST. It's got a slightly different camber on it but the DCC system itself is the same. I'm not putting your car down in any way and the Leon I drove felt very very good with its DCC suspension. If I was ready to change I'd be looking at TCRs 👍👍

The DCC system on the Leon will not be the same as on the golf, nor will the Audi to the golf. They differentiate on purpose to remove the customer perceived commonality between other OEMs within group. The TCR is indeed more track focused, and has been developed with that in mind. No hardware change is needed, but the infinitely variable DCC software can be calibrated to however VW want it to feel, and to me, having driven both cars, it does feel different.

3dr Golf GTi TCR - Pure Grey, 90% Tints, DCC, Dynaudio.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1076 on: 21 October 2019, 06:27 »
Yes the Audi is different but I'm sure the part no's are the same on the golf and Leon DCC. It's the slight camber change that probably makes the difference in both cars.

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1077 on: 11 November 2019, 17:03 »
Picked mine up last week where it went straight for full bumper and bonnet PPF. Pure white and only option is Climate screen, it is the 3020 MY20 golf built according to the VIN and built on tues.

TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1078 on: 11 November 2019, 17:08 »
Looks great!

Although most people will think you have a 2-year-old Golf! :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1079 on: 11 November 2019, 17:17 »
Looks great!

Although most people will think you have a 2-year-old Golf! :grin:

That was the plan! Only those who know will know.... :wink:
TCR Ordered 10/06/19