Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245721 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1060 on: 18 October 2019, 15:23 »
Agree on the decals, however on some of the European ones the decals look like a shade of the bodywork rather than black so they are a lot less noticeable.  If this was the option (and it had been significantly cheaper) I may have looked at them a little more seriously.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #1061 on: 18 October 2019, 15:24 »
I'd probably have the decals. I'm relatively young (almost 25), so maybe that makes a difference. The average buyer of one of these is probably going to be older than me, given the price

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1062 on: 18 October 2019, 15:40 »
Agree on the decals, however on some of the European ones the decals look like a shade of the bodywork rather than black so they are a lot less noticeable.  If this was the option (and it had been significantly cheaper) I may have looked at them a little more seriously.

Thought I imagined that, but yes there is some more subtle ones that blend opposed to standing so prominent. - Still, would have had to have been a standard option that had option to remove before considered as that £550 bought me a climate screen and 90% tints

Noticed there is some TCR decal kits on E-Bay which are relatively cheap and imagine can order in matching grey and no reason if done properly they not look exactly the same for fraction of price.

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1063 on: 18 October 2019, 15:46 »
I'd probably have the decals. I'm relatively young (almost 25), so maybe that makes a difference. The average buyer of one of these is probably going to be older than me, given the price

I had an RS2000 when I was younger than I am today and used to add all sorts of bits and pieces to that, and so completely get what you say, but times moved on and so I am little more adverse to such things.

Shame they do not do the 3 Door as think they work better on that form and as just been said the European decals colour match so more subtle, and think that combination is the best one.

We always have a 3 door as our second car but no getting away on how unpractical they are for daily family use.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1064 on: 18 October 2019, 15:51 »
Looks fantastic but think I would leave the decals off too. Prets are a lovely wheel and I keep looking at them for mine... but I hit a big pothole on my way from work this week and the Belvedere alloy seems fine - I don't think a Pret would have survived  :cry:.

Yes, that is a worry with Prets I guess but never had a set so can't say how vulnerable they are. I do like the Reifnitz option as well.

My Prets were like butter, only clipped them a handful of times, but you would think was kerbing them constantly!

Sure the reifnitz will get a kerb at some point, but the rear camera might help me more than previous as its brighter and clearer than the outgoing

Reminds me, anyone know where can get the reifnitz paint code as hope to do some spot repairs when that time comes.

Did hit a few pot holes like everyone else and and no damage that I was aware of, with the tyre change had just before handed it back not flagging any issues.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1065 on: 18 October 2019, 16:00 »

I had an RS2000 when I was younger than I am today and used to add all sorts of bits and pieces to that, and so completely get what you say, but times moved on and so I am little more adverse to such things.

Shame they do not do the 3 Door as think they work better on that form and as just been said the European decals colour match so more subtle, and think that combination is the best one.

We always have a 3 door as our second car but no getting away on how unpractical they are for daily family use.

Think 3 door was available for a very short time - there are about 6 on AT. Do look good but like you say just a bit too unpractical for most people.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #1066 on: 19 October 2019, 08:40 »
Hold up - I probably wouldn't have the decals if they're a cost option! I thought they came as standard and you could opt to remove them

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1067 on: 19 October 2019, 08:53 »
Looks fantastic but think I would leave the decals off too. Prets are a lovely wheel and I keep looking at them for mine... but I hit a big pothole on my way from work this week and the Belvedere alloy seems fine - I don't think a Pret would have survived  :cry:.

Yes, that is a worry with Prets I guess but never had a set so can't say how vulnerable they are. I do like the Reifnitz option as well.

My Prets were like butter, only clipped them a handful of times, but you would think was kerbing them constantly!

Sure the reifnitz will get a kerb at some point, but the rear camera might help me more than previous as its brighter and clearer than the outgoing

Reminds me, anyone know where can get the reifnitz paint code as hope to do some spot repairs when that time comes.

Did hit a few pot holes like everyone else and and no damage that I was aware of, with the tyre change had just before handed it back not flagging any issues.
Same camera is in all mk7s and 7.5s and numerous other iterations too. You seem quite obsessed in thinking that your TCR has different everything than previous golfs. It doesn't but it's still a lovely looking car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1068 on: 19 October 2019, 09:38 »
Hold up - I probably wouldn't have the decals if they're a cost option! I thought they came as standard and you could opt to remove them

No, they relieve you of £550 for the privilege of having the decals!!!  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #1069 on: 19 October 2019, 09:55 »

Same camera is in all mk7s and 7.5s and numerous other iterations too. You seem quite obsessed in thinking that your TCR has different everything than previous golfs. It doesn't but it's still a lovely looking car.

I did think the reverse lights were brighter on the mk7.5 I had vs my mk7 though so that could help I guess.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190