Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245750 times)

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1050 on: 09 October 2019, 21:56 »
Have now ticked over the 3k mile point in mine and I still haven’t passed another out in the wild, where are they, just sat for sale it seems?
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1051 on: 10 October 2019, 07:33 »
Likewise, 2.5k and haven’t seen another on the road. In the same period I have seen two Huracán‘s and quite a few 650/720 MCL’s so the child in me is taking great pleasure in driving something apparently more exclusive than a £200k supercar, although of course to 99% of the motoring public the TCR is just another Golf whereas the Macca and Lambo are clearly rather special  :smiley:
TCR 3 door

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1052 on: 10 October 2019, 09:39 »
I've seen a white one parked up and only spotted it as it had the full side decals. Very rare indeed.

They are definitely all sat in dealers as up to nearly 80 advertised on AT now.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline graham9883

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1053 on: 10 October 2019, 16:49 »
my tcr has been at scorpion exhaust this week having there system made up, will try and post some videos at the weekend, should be getting it mapped early November reckon I should get about 350/360 bhp

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1054 on: 18 October 2019, 13:38 »
my tcr has been at scorpion exhaust this week having there system made up, will try and post some videos at the weekend, should be getting it mapped early November reckon I should get about 350/360 bhp

How's the new exhaust?

Had a nosey around and proper sit in this today. Must say, I really like the interior and feels a bit more special than mine. Obviously being brand new helps but the Alcantara on the doors and the use of extra leather really helps I think.

Outside the Prets looked great but think as they are glossy it needs the matching mirrors as the matt finish does seem to work better with the Reifnitz alloys. The Akrapovic looks really aggressive. And I think the white works quite well in the metal but those decals are just a no.

This one was optioned up to £41750 which is plenty!

Oddly enough after leaving JCT, I saw a filthly looking grey TCR which is the first I've seen driving. And then a lovely red 3dr CS parked up shortly after.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #1055 on: 18 October 2019, 14:12 »

How's the new exhaust?

Had a nosey around and proper sit in this today. Must say, I really like the interior and feels a bit more special than mine. Obviously being brand new helps but the Alcantara on the doors and the use of extra leather really helps I think.

Outside the Prets looked great but think as they are glossy it needs the matching mirrors as the matt finish does seem to work better with the Reifnitz alloys. The Akrapovic looks really aggressive. And I think the white works quite well in the metal but those decals are just a no.

Oddly enough after leaving JCT, I saw a filthly looking grey TCR which is the first I've seen driving. And then a lovely red 3dr CS parked up shortly after.

Coming from the R which is very plain in comparison on the interior, quite enjoying having all the little red accents around me, adds to the scratching of the GTi itch as definitely feel like in one and its a nice feeling.

Convert to the virtual cockpit also and think the quality of screen and fact its glass is a huge lift over the MK 7 -

Of course enjoying having the Akrapovich and looking forward to hearing it when bedded in but remain consistent that there is not a £3000 detraction but not having it, and if in market today I would be looking at the earlier and much cheaper models that are sitting on forecourts - Imagine also that more squeeze on deals on the earlier and that Akrapovich might reduce the margin of discount that can be given?

Pretty sure there is some forecourt TCR in mid to low £30k and thats a significant saving over even a discounted Akrapovich laden one.

Saw a TCR in white a few months back on Pretoria and definitely would have matched the caps to gloss - AGB suggested I wait as I was near ordering Gloss in advance, and confirmed that Reifnitz match the caps perfectly.

Normally you would have someone make an argument for the decals, and honestly say have not see anyone.

The White I saw had the black roof and the panoramic roof, which with the additional trim, the gloss black Prets and the 90% made it look a bit too contrasted and patchwork - Cannot remember who has the white TCR are on here but he had it nailed in styling adding some really nice complimentary wheels.

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #1056 on: 18 October 2019, 14:15 »

How's the new exhaust?

That looks f**kING sharp

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1057 on: 18 October 2019, 14:48 »

How's the new exhaust?

Coming from the R which is very plain in comparison on the interior, quite enjoying having all the little red accents around me, adds to the scratching of the GTi itch as definitely feel like in one and its a nice feeling.

Convert to the virtual cockpit also and think the quality of screen and fact its glass is a huge lift over the MK 7 -

Of course enjoying having the Akrapovich and looking forward to hearing it when bedded in but remain consistent that there is not a £3000 detraction but not having it, and if in market today I would be looking at the earlier and much cheaper models that are sitting on forecourts - Imagine also that more squeeze on deals on the earlier and that Akrapovich might reduce the margin of discount that can be given?

Pretty sure there is some forecourt TCR in mid to low £30k and thats a significant saving over even a discounted Akrapovich laden one.

Saw a TCR in white a few months back on Pretoria and definitely would have matched the caps to gloss - AGB suggested I wait as I was near ordering Gloss in advance, and confirmed that Reifnitz match the caps perfectly.

Normally you would have someone make an argument for the decals, and honestly say have not see anyone.

The White I saw had the black roof and the panoramic roof, which with the additional trim, the gloss black Prets and the 90% made it look a bit too contrasted and patchwork - Cannot remember who has the white TCR are on here but he had it nailed in styling adding some really nice complimentary wheels.

Yep, can't think you'll many with decals apart from the ones for sale on AT.

There does seem to plenty from £30-34k. I think you are right and guess an aftermarket exhaust can be added for a lot less than the £3k extra on the list price. 

I've just checked on the new configurator and even if you have the free white paint and then add the Reifnitz wheels you end up at £40065 so into the high tax bracket which seems utterly stupid.

That looks f**kING sharp

Agreed!

« Last Edit: 18 October 2019, 14:52 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #1058 on: 18 October 2019, 15:04 »
Looks fantastic but think I would leave the decals off too. Prets are a lovely wheel and I keep looking at them for mine... but I hit a big pothole on my way from work this week and the Belvedere alloy seems fine - I don't think a Pret would have survived  :cry:.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1059 on: 18 October 2019, 15:13 »
Looks fantastic but think I would leave the decals off too. Prets are a lovely wheel and I keep looking at them for mine... but I hit a big pothole on my way from work this week and the Belvedere alloy seems fine - I don't think a Pret would have survived  :cry:.

Yes, that is a worry with Prets I guess but never had a set so can't say how vulnerable they are. I do like the Reifnitz option as well.
NOW - 330e M Sport