Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245726 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #980 on: 12 September 2019, 09:23 »
Will build up on the exhaust be less with the exhaust on the filter now?  But yes, not sure how I am going to clean it just yet...
The GPF eliminates so much residue. I’ll be hitting 7000 miles soon and my tips still look as good as the day I picked it up new.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #981 on: 12 September 2019, 13:19 »
That exhaust should have been standard from the start, looks sooo much better and suits the car.

I have to agree with you, it looks much better. I'm not sure how easy it is to clean once deposits start building up, I'd be interested to hear of owner experiences. I am guessing it will be powder or ceramic coated.

Definitely won't be as easy as the normal GTI tips to keep clean. But with a ceramic coating should be ok and use some citrus tar remover for any tar spots etc. As pointed out soot build-up on the newer GTI's is not a lot, whether the TCR spits out a bit more I'm not sure. Mine definitely more noticeable since the res delete.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #982 on: 12 September 2019, 16:50 »
Will build up on the exhaust be less with the exhaust on the filter now?  But yes, not sure how I am going to clean it just yet...

It's going to be a nightmare. I'll swap mine, it's tested and bedded in so ready to enjoy.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #983 on: 12 September 2019, 21:47 »
That exhaust definitely looks better. Not sure it’s worth the price difference overall though, £3k can buy a lot of tubing  :grin:
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #984 on: 12 September 2019, 22:47 »
Just watched the recent YouTube video from Nobby on cars, according to that Ireland are only getting 20, interesting that it has the red seatbelt line, I’d quite like that, must be an easy change?
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #985 on: 13 September 2019, 10:56 »
Just watched the recent YouTube video from Nobby on cars, according to that Ireland are only getting 20, interesting that it has the red seatbelt line, I’d quite like that, must be an easy change?

Easy change but the changeover comes with considerations for tensioning and ensuring the mechanisms are properly tested. You need someone qualified and who knows what they're doing. These guys are good https://www.quickfitsbs.com/rewebbing.php and carry warranty and indemnity protection which gave me some peace of mind.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #986 on: 13 September 2019, 11:23 »
That exhaust definitely looks better. Not sure it’s worth the price difference overall though, £3k can buy a lot of tubing  :grin:

But building your own exhaust isn't always the best option.....   :rolleyes:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #987 on: 16 September 2019, 11:37 »
Mine has arrived at the dealer and the exhaust upgrade is confirmed, looks very nice...cannot wait to hear it. Pick up on Saturday so will try and post pics shortly afterwards :smiley:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #988 on: 16 September 2019, 12:12 »
A registration for mine has appeared on the system, so another step closer :)

In addition, saw not one, but two pure grey at the weekend in the MK dealer, one in bright light (photo) and one in shade and any trepidation to colour removed, the GTI with its red trim looks great in that colour palette, bright in sunlight and darker and stealthy in the shade.

Not sure how accurate an update this is, but it was stated the Akrapovich on the GTI is rortier than the R Akrapovich and its not just a mimic - we shall see.

Apparently the driver of the TCR loves it.

Quick chat with a sales guy also confirmed that the MK 8 R will be 400 BHP and the MK 8 GTI Performance will be a TCR matching 290 BHP and that the interior completely mimics the Touraeg set up.

Another unsurprising update was that the discounts have started on the MK 7 run out and will obviously get keener as the MK 8 gets closer.

« Last Edit: 16 September 2019, 12:16 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #989 on: 16 September 2019, 12:35 »
That grey was always going to be a good colour.

If VWUK had released that colour years ago I could see it being the most popular colour by a long old way and probably sealed a lot of sales.

You could have an Audi in it or a Skoda in it, but not a Golf.

Stupid.

BTW has anyone heard a date yet for the end of Mk7 production? That's still the key thing for me...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC