Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245726 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #960 on: 02 September 2019, 15:18 »

Looks great in white with the black roof.

Is C&M still a complete zoo on the weekend?

Now I'm just hoping that Watts will be along at some point to inform on how the photos have become quarter size...  :wink:

I'll beat him to it! Just click Hotlinks for forums instead of thumbnail.

Tut! Half a job :rolleyes:

Very smart!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #961 on: 02 September 2019, 15:38 »
 :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #962 on: 02 September 2019, 17:23 »
The oryx white does look great
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #963 on: 02 September 2019, 21:50 »

As promised, my Clubsport S with the TCR. I had a shot in mind for them but getting bug splatter off the CSS was the thief of time so I never made it off the drive.

First shot shows just how much ferrous fall out is on the car after a week not involving that much driving. The purple is the reaction of the korrosol to the fall out material if you're not a detailing nerd. Paint is back to a glossy, glass like finish whereas before it was quite matt and felt rough to the touch.

Who else has pictures....  :cool:

Great pics. Especially the last one nose to nose. If you have one of the full cars nose to nose I would love to see it  :smiley:

It looks like the TCR is sitting a little lower but it could be the colour of the cars being deceptive!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #964 on: 02 September 2019, 22:24 »
Seeing the CSS and TCR side by side makes me realise how special the CSS looks. Don’t get me wrong, the TCR looks brilliantly but the CSS...

Also, loving the white TCR. great plate too. Think white might be my favourite TCR colour. Kind of reminds me of my white ed35 on Glendale alloys.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #965 on: 02 September 2019, 22:26 »

Great pics. Especially the last one nose to nose. If you have one of the full cars nose to nose I would love to see it  :smiley:

It looks like the TCR is sitting a little lower but it could be the colour of the cars being deceptive!

Ta. I didn't have a great backdrop with the old barn behind but there is a shot I want to take at some point which I think you'll like. I'll post it up when done.

The CSS is lower than the TCR, if you compare the number plate levels although my drive does bank slightly. I did the same thing in my detailer's studio knowing the floor was level. There isn't much in it.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #966 on: 02 September 2019, 22:41 »
Seeing the CSS and TCR side by side makes me realise how special the CSS looks. Don’t get me wrong, the TCR looks brilliantly but the CSS...

Also, loving the white TCR. great plate too. Think white might be my favourite TCR colour. Kind of reminds me of my white ed35 on Glendale alloys.

White would have been my second choice after Pure Grey based on how much I like white on the CSS but it would have been a bit stormtrooper on the drive!  :laugh:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #967 on: 03 September 2019, 18:46 »

Ta. I didn't have a great backdrop with the old barn behind but there is a shot I want to take at some point which I think you'll like. I'll post it up when done.

The CSS is lower than the TCR, if you compare the number plate levels although my drive does bank slightly. I did the same thing in my detailer's studio knowing the floor was level. There isn't much in it.

Am looking forward to that photo when you get chance  :smiley:

Liked the mention of the drive looking a but Stormtrooper if you’d gone for white on the TCR  :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #968 on: 09 September 2019, 19:35 »
Great to see those photos AGB & Philip :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #969 on: 10 September 2019, 07:14 »
Agree great pics, cannot wait for my TCR now, just landed in the uk :nerd:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.