Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245728 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #880 on: 12 August 2019, 15:47 »
Looks like the configurator on the DE site is showing the new exhaust now.

Hoping that they will silently update the key fob as per SEAT so it only transmits signals on movement.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #881 on: 12 August 2019, 16:49 »
Looks like the configurator on the DE site is showing the new exhaust now.

Hoping that they will silently update the key fob as per SEAT so it only transmits signals on movement.

Given the latest interest in this and mention in articles of this upcoming technology of motion sensor keys then me to!

Not see any TCR with the R "Performance" -Exhaust; Rear silencer in titanium (from the German site) but looks pretty good here on the concept at about 1 min 10 secs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcPYgCb6Jw

If not, at least be able to do the manual sequence that disables the KESSY on the MK 7.5 that cannot do now on my MK 7 - The UK site will update the day before it changes for the MK 8 release likely, but good to see its actually out there somewhere as official
« Last Edit: 12 August 2019, 17:00 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Crockers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #882 on: 12 August 2019, 22:11 »
If you don't know what a chav is how do you know they aren't. Thank god you're not a lawyer.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #883 on: 13 August 2019, 08:01 »
If you don't know what a chav is how do you know they aren't. Thank god you're not a lawyer.
I know exactly what a Chav is! Have you been to that dealer in Northallerton?? Chav dealer was the question not what's a Chav. It's still a ridiculous and stupid comment regardless.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #884 on: 13 August 2019, 09:03 »
Got the notification this morning my car is now built and has left the factory  :whistle:

I guess may be available around mid September then...
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #885 on: 13 August 2019, 09:29 »
I see what folk are saying here....

But it strikes me as a bit weird...

The GTI was not as powerful and even at its power levels struggled for grip with FWD.

I still say it, the extra weight from the 4WD of the R over the rear makes it feel more stable over typical british roads too.

So those are the gripes and the R fixes both of those problems.... and now some folk are wishing for it to be less good?

If you had a whatever supercar, would you really be saying "yeah its ok but less power and less grip would be better"?? I know I'd be saying "more bootspace and not as close to the ground please", but comparing an R to a GTI isn't that.

Could what you seek be even better if you had a 2.0 TSI R line? Less, power, less grip.... less everything really?

This is an interesting question- whether a car has to be faster and “better “ to be more enjoyable. Richard Meaden wrote a good piece on this theme in the June Evo- which I have just reread after seeing your post.
Interestingly many of these Evo journalists who spend their lives driving supercars own old hot hatches (Renaults and Peugeots).
i’ve never been bothered by how fast a car is in relation to another- or even how fast it actually is ( though often faster does mean more fun). What matters is how enjoyable it is to drive and own- to me that means lighter and more agile. I really don’t need any more power for the kind of roads I drive.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #886 on: 13 August 2019, 14:13 »
i’ve never been bothered by how fast a car is in relation to another- or even how fast it actually is ( though often faster does mean more fun). What matters is how enjoyable it is to drive and own- to me that means lighter and more agile. I really don’t need any more power for the kind of roads I drive.

So a Type R or a Abarth 595 or a Megane sorta racey track thing would be better than a sensible Golf?

Why do you have a Golf then?

I've had some older cars (not by choice) and have to say even the ones which were kings back in their day are not fun to drive at all. They seem pretty slow, handle badly and well.... are just old knackers.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #887 on: 13 August 2019, 15:15 »

So a Type R or a Abarth 595 or a Megane sorta racey track thing would be better than a sensible Golf?

Why do you have a Golf then?

I've had some older cars (not by choice) and have to say even the ones which were kings back in their day are not fun to drive at all. They seem pretty slow, handle badly and well.... are just old knackers.

Driving enjoyment is not my only criteria for choosing a car. The golf is sensible but it’s also a brilliant drive.
My point is that it doesn’t matter to me how capable a car is, it’s the feeling I get from driving it that’s important- it can be more satisfying driving a less competent car to it’s limits.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #888 on: 13 August 2019, 16:20 »
Totally agree, some cars give more a sense of theatre or occasion than others which may well be more competent.

Maybe you like ringing a type R round to 8k revs and the drama and sound that brings (I did).  Each to their own.

My m135i is undoubtably the fasted car I have owned, is it the most fun?  Not at all.
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #889 on: 13 August 2019, 17:03 »
Totally agree, some cars give more a sense of theatre or occasion than others which may well be more competent.

Maybe you like ringing a type R round to 8k revs and the drama and sound that brings (I did).  Each to their own.

My m135i is undoubtably the fasted car I have owned, is it the most fun?  Not at all.

The feeling you get is the everything really and everyone has their own subjective parameters that give them 'that feeling' and hence the debate - There is no debate technically and factually but feeling has its own subjective sliding scale  :smiley:

When moved from the Audi S Line Quattro to the GTD there was never really that feeling of being in something special, the feeling was of great all around competence but I was still looking out of the windows at other cars and mainly the R

The R immediately gave me that special feeling and not many cars in my price bracket that looked over to with any wishing, and the thinking is that the TCR will match that feeling, for slightly different reasons, but no less a feeling.

My personal favourite car that owned briefly was a RS2000 which may sound great now, but it was not in best condition, and not that great to drive due to that, but it was a RS2000 and as a young lad thats actually all cared about 

The very first thing thats going to be nice to say to anyone who slightly cares is that driving a GTI as them words have been a long time coming and to see their instant recognition opposed to the slightly blank expression on pronouncing that drive an R will be a nice change also  :grin:

Wife is most excited about the climate screen and said she is already abandoning her A1 on the colder days for my heated seats and climate screen  :grin:

But nice little discussion, enjoyed everyone thoughts on what makes them have a passion for cars.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC