Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245726 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #750 on: 18 June 2019, 09:10 »
Track prepped TCR on Cup 2's at the Ring... Makes light work of a GTR midway through, the driver definitely knows the Ring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdCgYn_bpk
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #751 on: 18 June 2019, 12:13 »
My dealer rang me yesterday evening about something else, and when I asked about the Akrapovic on the TCR he confirmed and then offered to take me out of my 6month old PP and into a brand new TCR (to my spec) at no extra cost to myself. So the same monthlies, no deposit, the only caveat being the base price difference (£2320) between the PP and a TCR would need to be covered by having less options and/or funding that myself.

He said there's plenty of build slots available and he's only actually delivered 1 TCR so far(!).

:shocked:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #752 on: 18 June 2019, 12:21 »
Ditch the Pan roof and leather?!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #753 on: 18 June 2019, 12:33 »
My dealer rang me yesterday evening about something else, and when I asked about the Akrapovic on the TCR he confirmed and then offered to take me out of my 6month old PP and into a brand new TCR (to my spec) at no extra cost to myself. So the same monthlies, no deposit, the only caveat being the base price difference (£2320) between the PP and a TCR would need to be covered by having less options and/or funding that myself.

He said there's plenty of build slots available and he's only actually delivered 1 TCR so far(!).

Can see that price increase not improving that state as I would have gone for the R over the TCR if choosing now

That is a contradiction to what I was told as I was told most slots were taken but they could have extended the run for MY20 and maybe thats why? or the information I was provided was incorrect and its been a slow uptake which then would likely be due to the R still being seen as better option?

Be interesting to see how many are being sold, as if go by this forum, there is very few of us who have ordered and so it might be a rarer sight than originally thought?

I have to the day never seen an ED40 or a CSS S in flesh

Pano and leather would be a painless drop if wanted to bridge the gap you describe,
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #754 on: 18 June 2019, 13:09 »
I’m not considering it guys. :grin: I need leather as you have to have it in order to get the electric seat and lumbar support. My car is used for comfortable cruising as well as outright fun.

So with that, 19’s, DCC etc a TCR flies over £40k with ease.

I’m more than happy with my PP. It was just a curious proposition from the dealer. I think that with the amount of registered/demo/pre-reg cars on Autotrader, these are struggling to sell. Having said that, the same thing happened with the CS40.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #755 on: 18 June 2019, 13:37 »
Fingers crossed its a sales flop. Then I might get an unregistered one next year when mine goes back  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #756 on: 18 June 2019, 14:09 »

Can see that price increase not improving that state as I would have gone for the R over the TCR if choosing now

I would totally agree with this.  I think there may be a few around at the moment (someone mentioned a few being available on Autotrader), but think once the price goes up, people will find it very hard to justify over the R.  I guess some others would also look to choose the PP instead if they wanted to stay with the GTI.

If I hadn't already ordered I'm not sure I would have ended up with the TCR with the price increase - that is if they don't offset it with a discount...

I think the TCR will be fairly rare and even more so with the Akrapovic exhaust.  Fingers crossed it helps with residuals :)
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #757 on: 18 June 2019, 16:48 »
It reminds me of the GTI Pirelli, despite the huge popularity of the Mk5 GTI and even more so the Ed30 (its sister under the skin) the Pirelli just didn’t sell. There were a good few booted out to dealers just before the mk6’s hit the showrooms (and their loooong build waits) with the instructions to pre register them. Which brings me on to the Ed40 that suffered a similar fate. Hardly anyone ordered one as they were identically priced to an R with less attractive deals on them, and so the remaining stock were shoved out to dealers with the instructions of pre-register and don’t discount too much (or so I was told by numerous sales execs) to tide over until the facelifted cars came properly on stream.
It’ll be interesting to see if VW do an official promotion to shift the last of the 7.5’s in the lead up to the final build slots like they did the 7 or whether there is still sufficient interest to keep sales flowing (bearing in mind the huge stall in car supply with WLTP causing a backlog) until the factory switches off production.

The last TCR’s will likely be just like the GTI Pirelli, less tech and very slightly outmoded by the incoming new model but a great car in its own right with lots of unique touches.

Somewhere in the middle of all that I neglected the Ed35.
Everyone neglected the poor Ed35!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #758 on: 18 June 2019, 19:08 »
It reminds me of the GTI Pirelli, despite the huge popularity of the Mk5 GTI and even more so the Ed30 (its sister under the skin) the Pirelli just didn’t sell. There were a good few booted out to dealers just before the mk6’s hit the showrooms (and their loooong build waits) with the instructions to pre register them. Which brings me on to the Ed40 that suffered a similar fate. Hardly anyone ordered one as they were identically priced to an R with less attractive deals on them, and so the remaining stock were shoved out to dealers with the instructions of pre-register and don’t discount too much (or so I was told by numerous sales execs) to tide over until the facelifted cars came properly on stream.
It’ll be interesting to see if VW do an official promotion to shift the last of the 7.5’s in the lead up to the final build slots like they did the 7 or whether there is still sufficient interest to keep sales flowing (bearing in mind the huge stall in car supply with WLTP causing a backlog) until the factory switches off production.

The last TCR’s will likely be just like the GTI Pirelli, less tech and very slightly outmoded by the incoming new model but a great car in its own right with lots of unique touches.

Somewhere in the middle of all that I neglected the Ed35.
Everyone neglected the poor Ed35!

I didn’t neglect the ED35! Loved it but only ever saw one other.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #759 on: 18 June 2019, 21:15 »
It reminds me of the GTI Pirelli, despite the huge popularity of the Mk5 GTI and even more so the Ed30 (its sister under the skin) the Pirelli just didn’t sell.

I passed on it because I didn't want a yellow car and one that looked like it had suffered extensive UV fading!  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR