Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245789 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #680 on: 24 May 2019, 11:10 »
Given my parking conditions, particularly in winter, dark, tight spaces, high kerbs I have a few nicks on my alloys, and do not bother to refurbish as likely to nick them again at some point, so I just live with them and they not bad enough to spoil the effect, you have trouble seeing damage from any standing distance, I am not that clumsy, but upon close inspection they are obviously there to see.

One hope, with the Reifnitz being a matte finish is that I can do my own spot repairs periodically, so AGB do they look like that would be easy to do if had the correct paint pen?

Also, for those more connected, any idea as to what the code for the reifnitz matte black would be?

They don't look like a difficult wheel to repair and I must say, they're much better looking in the metal than they appear in photographs. I was going to go for another Pretoria wheel but I'm glad that I went with the newer wheel in the end.

Repair is easy, way better than diamond cut. The paint is a standard VAG finish (I have the code) but touching it in versus sanding/filling/priming and spraying is likely to look worse as you'll never match the surface profile with a pen/dabber.

Tyre choices can help minimise damage or take superficial brushes based on the profile of the sidewall. I need to look at the Pirellis on that basis actually - you've given me something to do later.  :smiley:

Seen them twice in flesh now and agree, much nicer than come across in photos and very happy with choice as did think about the Prets also - I am on Pretoria now, and was going to specify them on a replacement R in Black, but I really liked the shape of the reifnitz and considered them with the pure grey some kind of TCR signature statement (think they named after the town the TCR was unveiled? maybe)

In terms of repair, then obviously a proper refurb would be needed to restore to factory lustre, but think if its a standard paint option then have capability to do a decent enough job till maybe the closest inspection - have done many a few times on cars owned on bodywork successfully -
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #681 on: 24 May 2019, 18:11 »

Know this is a gimmick but be good to see the TCR puddle light logo when lights go down

I did a quick video for my wife which will show you the puddle light. You can download it here: https://app.box.com/s/mm2whhla5ib69kd41rwrdhsuk0lg1jjw

It's a 22.1MB .MOV file so just be warned on size if you're downloading on a mobile connection. It's set to expire on Saturday as I don't want Box hitting for bandwidth costs.

The TCR logo isn't a puddle light, it's actually a little gobo of the logo under the door. The puddle lights remain on the mirrors as before so it's not where I thought it was positioned. You still have the LED lights on the underside of the mirrors per the GTI PP etc.

Not my normal Friday had to step up and manage some stuff this afternoon, do people not know its a Friday and a Bank Holiday one at that :)

But finally got around to the more pleasurable and definitely not what was thinking and a little gimmicky maybe but not averse either as it adds a little more signature appeal.

The brightness is second surprise as its more a projection than an illumination onto the floor as the video was not even in the dark - have taken a screen grab though you intend to cleanse the video later for others to see.

« Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 18:14 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #682 on: 25 May 2019, 01:23 »
That used to be a problem with RS4 bucket seats getting stolen. Can't see them being £12k though?

They're probably that price purely to dissuade people upgrading. A while back, R dash trim pieces were silly money vs GTI prices - again, probably to dissuade would be modders.

They took my chassis number and I was referred by the head of sales so knew I wasn't a modder. I said it was for insurance in the event of a claim to ensure I had cover under the agreed policy. Still £13,500. They justified it on the basis that they didn't carry stocks of the assembled item and being a limited part.

Hope the organised crime lot don’t see this, or there’ll be some on eBay for sale soon and an owner missing their pride and joy. Shocking the blatant chop shop stuff for sale and nothing done about it.

Off topic!
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #683 on: 25 May 2019, 01:35 »
That TCR is going to be £40k list.... so whacked with the "expensive car tax" for 5 years.... ouch.
The £40k+ luxury tax is calculated on the List/RRP before OTR costs, so as that car is £40,525 OTR (according to the plinth in the picture) and a TCR has OTR costs of £1220, it'll be under.

:smiley:

VW ramped up some of the prices in April, my exact spec ordered in March would now be £965 more and back then they also had £1500 deposit contribution. The Apr is a bit lower now. Current discounts (carwow etc) look a bit tight, around 9% compared to 14-15% before, or a touch over that with some direct
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #684 on: 27 May 2019, 19:29 »
Gets Volkswizard nod of approval

https://youtu.be/CXxEw_4GhI4

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #685 on: 28 May 2019, 09:38 »
Took a drive out to caffeine and machine in Stratford-upon-Avon Saturday and mixed breakfast with some car spotting and chat with like minded before heading into Stratford-upon-Avon itself for the day - be a good place to gather some clubsports and TCR

The R held it’s own in some illustrious company

« Last Edit: 28 May 2019, 09:43 by Hertsman »

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #686 on: 28 May 2019, 13:03 »
Took a drive out to caffeine and machine in Stratford-upon-Avon Saturday and mixed breakfast with some car spotting and chat with like minded before heading into Stratford-upon-Avon itself for the day - be a good place to gather some clubsports and TCR

Went there for the first time last Wednesday. Had met Richard at Tuthill to discuss my build and had lunch there after just to see what it was about. Good coffee and the burger I had was also excellent. They seem overly keen to tell people not to be dicks and most of what I've seen of them on social seems to suggest horrendous parking situation on the weekend - was it that busy?

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #687 on: 28 May 2019, 13:27 »

Went there for the first time last Wednesday. Had met Richard at Tuthill to discuss my build and had lunch there after just to see what it was about. Good coffee and the burger I had was also excellent. They seem overly keen to tell people not to be dicks and most of what I've seen of them on social seems to suggest horrendous parking situation on the weekend - was it that busy?

We got there relatively early at 10.30 and as can see got the R parked out front, though main reason for trip was to have a day in Stratford and this was a convenient breakfast stop - We had breakfast as sat up on one of the benches and watched all the varying cars roll in - By time we left about 11.45 it was getting quite busy and the overflow (or 1st car park away from main area) was about 50% filled

Imagine it does get pretty busy through rest of the day and maybe more so Sunday, but its all like minded and so the vibe is good and if you get a good variety of drive ups, there is lots of pride and joys to look at and chat on - Despite the supercars there my favourite was a mint condition Nissan 350z that had stage one mods under the hood.

Nice variation from the new, modded and the classic, with lovely Tiger Ford and immaculate 1960's Alfa Romeo leading the way in the classic

The do not be dicks was something that was just said in general but was picked up as saying and so they branded it to themselves and basically means do not drink and drive or basically be an idiot

We like a good pub garden or a coffee, and to them that around cars and bikes (plenty of them on show also) creates a nice vibe and though we might pick our day and timing, we will be back and maybe when a few of us have our TCR not a bad place to gather with some clubsports (of course you can bring both :))

Mine was the only MK 7 on show, so the R was flying the flag and though understated compared to some held its own

The GT4 would sit well in the company and get some attention expect

My only comment to the guys and girls at Caffeine and Machine is to keep the formula simple and not be tempted to get carried away with selves as popularity spikes as thats usually the time you alienate the core clients.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #688 on: 28 May 2019, 21:48 »

We got there relatively early at 10.30 and as can see got the R parked out front, though main reason for trip was to have a day in Stratford and this was a convenient breakfast stop - We had breakfast as sat up on one of the benches and watched all the varying cars roll in - By time we left about 11.45 it was getting quite busy and the overflow (or 1st car park away from main area) was about 50% filled

Imagine it does get pretty busy through rest of the day and maybe more so Sunday, but its all like minded and so the vibe is good and if you get a good variety of drive ups, there is lots of pride and joys to look at and chat on - Despite the supercars there my favourite was a mint condition Nissan 350z that had stage one mods under the hood.

Nice variation from the new, modded and the classic, with lovely Tiger Ford and immaculate 1960's Alfa Romeo leading the way in the classic

The do not be dicks was something that was just said in general but was picked up as saying and so they branded it to themselves and basically means do not drink and drive or basically be an idiot

We like a good pub garden or a coffee, and to them that around cars and bikes (plenty of them on show also) creates a nice vibe and though we might pick our day and timing, we will be back and maybe when a few of us have our TCR not a bad place to gather with some clubsports (of course you can bring both :))

Mine was the only MK 7 on show, so the R was flying the flag and though understated compared to some held its own

My only comment to the guys and girls at Caffeine and Machine is to keep the formula simple and not be tempted to get carried away with selves as popularity spikes as thats usually the time you alienate the core clients.

I gather they had a bit of a problem with burn outs, neighbour noise complaints and so on hence the visible effort with 'don't be a dick'. I was surprised by how busy they were at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon. I really enjoyed my burger and coffee, I was expecting the food to be mediocre pub grub but it was considerably better than that.

It's not worth a 260 mile round trip for me though...

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #689 on: 28 May 2019, 22:56 »

I gather they had a bit of a problem with burn outs, neighbour noise complaints and so on hence the visible effort with 'don't be a dick'. I was surprised by how busy they were at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon. I really enjoyed my burger and coffee, I was expecting the food to be mediocre pub grub but it was considerably better than that.

It's not worth a 260 mile round trip for me though...

That’s likely true also as it’s an obviously potential issue, though never saw anybody doing anything stupid in time I was there.

We were going to Stratford-upon-Avon anyway so it became a perfect breakfast stop but agree too far for a pop in - bacon and sausage rolls were of decent normal quality also so think it’s reasonable to say if in area it’s worth a visit.

Did you see the volkswizard review on YouTube that put up earlier on millbrook test center, gives a nice feel to TCR on twisting roads