Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245718 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #590 on: 11 May 2019, 18:47 »
For everyone's viewing pleasure :smiley:

I'm not keen on the black either but it shows promise.. Apart from the door count :wink:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2019, 18:51 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #591 on: 11 May 2019, 19:12 »
For everyone's viewing pleasure :smiley:

I'm not keen on the black either but it shows promise.. Apart from the door count :wink:

Thanks Watts I will use the hyperlink next time - much easier to see!

Like said loved all the features close up and the stance is definitely more ground hugging or that was the perception- the black is like a cloak to the features though, black worked ok on the MK7 but the more the styling the less attractive the colour as you want them features to pop

But it was a good first look in flesh, very happy chose it now 😊
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #592 on: 11 May 2019, 19:14 »
Really not sure I like that in black.

The stance it has is lovely and the close up the features really work but agree that the black negates them features way too much and the lighter colours will make them pop more - think the grey will look really good :)

Also you have to remember this is has just arrived and will look a lot better when prepped and in showroom

But was nice to actually see one and loved what saw aside from the colour

Think the transporter grey (sorry) will look epic. There seems to be a few appearing now. Wonder how rare they’ll actually be? I never saw another edition 35 while I had mine and have only seen 3 CS on the road aside from the ones I’ve driven.

Have never seen one in flesh and lookout for them, which is a good thing for owners of course
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #593 on: 11 May 2019, 20:00 »
That used to be a problem with RS4 bucket seats getting stolen. Can't see them being £12k though?

They're probably that price purely to dissuade people upgrading. A while back, R dash trim pieces were silly money vs GTI prices - again, probably to dissuade would be modders.

They took my chassis number and I was referred by the head of sales so knew I wasn't a modder. I said it was for insurance in the event of a claim to ensure I had cover under the agreed policy. Still £13,500. They justified it on the basis that they didn't carry stocks of the assembled item and being a limited part.

Did you check out with your insurers whether this had any impact ?

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #594 on: 12 May 2019, 08:36 »
Quote from: Watts link=topic=284021.msg2605414#msg2605414 date

[url=https://postimg.cc/m1PdGBJV

Why black? All the accents are lost. The mirror casing looks terrible on a black car, like it wasn’t finished.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 08:38 by AGB »
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #595 on: 12 May 2019, 08:43 »
That used to be a problem with RS4 bucket seats getting stolen. Can't see them being £12k though?

They're probably that price purely to dissuade people upgrading. A while back, R dash trim pieces were silly money vs GTI prices - again, probably to dissuade would be modders.

They took my chassis number and I was referred by the head of sales so knew I wasn't a modder. I said it was for insurance in the event of a claim to ensure I had cover under the agreed policy. Still £13,500. They justified it on the basis that they didn't carry stocks of the assembled item and being a limited part.

Did you check out with your insurers whether this had any impact ?

Checked policy, won’t be an issue but expect they would write it off and pay agreed value or scalp me on the premium the following year.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #596 on: 12 May 2019, 11:57 »
My local dealer has had one in showroom for couple weeks now, been down to see it twice and it is even nicer in the flesh.
We had the chance to order one back in Feb but I backed out much to the annoyance of my wife, now that 3 door is not available to order anymore I am utterly frustrated with VW :sick:
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 12:00 by Cossieian »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #597 on: 12 May 2019, 22:26 »
My local dealer has had one in showroom for couple weeks now, been down to see it twice and it is even nicer in the flesh.
We had the chance to order one back in Feb but I backed out much to the annoyance of my wife, now that 3 door is not available to order anymore I am utterly frustrated with VW :sick:

No more 3 door officially? I hadn’t clocked the TCR was 5 door only.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #598 on: 13 May 2019, 10:39 »
I hadn't clocked that either, so no more 3 door Golf on the Mk7.5 and I'm sure the Mk8 won't be either.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #599 on: 13 May 2019, 10:49 »
How believable is the vw app at progress tracking? I just moved to ‘with the factory’.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass