Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245755 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #570 on: 08 May 2019, 16:07 »
Think it would look odd on a normal GTI unless you get the side skirts and front lip as well which are also gloss black.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #571 on: 08 May 2019, 19:04 »
Another one ordered. Thought I better get in before the order books close. Now the wait...

Think someone here gets theirs in next 2 weeks if can remember correctly?

It's already here. Just organising logistics with the detailer so expect to have it on the road next week.

Identical spec to the Belgian TCR with the exception of black roof. It looks awesome but still had transit seals on.

Spoiler less dramatic than my CSS but rear diffuser is significantly larger and more pronounced at the sides. The front is quite similar to the CSS I thought. Pure Grey with the black trim does look great but of course, it was hailing when I saw it!

Think i'm going to leave the plastic on the seats so I don't have to look at the seat pattern colour. Looks cheap. Such a shame they didn't offer the buckets from the CS/CSS, I would have paid extra for them.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #572 on: 08 May 2019, 19:35 »
Really excited for you. Looking forward to seeing the car. Seems so long ago that this thread started and Vw uk began their campaign of ineptitude.  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #573 on: 09 May 2019, 07:55 »
Really excited for you. Looking forward to seeing the car. Seems so long ago that this thread started and Vw uk began their campaign of ineptitude.  :grin:

Cheers. Despite their best efforts, VW managed to sell the cars!  :laugh: :grin:

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #574 on: 09 May 2019, 09:28 »
Another one ordered. Thought I better get in before the order books close. Now the wait...

It's already here. Just organising logistics with the detailer so expect to have it on the road next week.

Identical spec to the Belgian TCR with the exception of black roof. It looks awesome but still had transit seals on.

Spoiler less dramatic than my CSS but rear diffuser is significantly larger and more pronounced at the sides. The front is quite similar to the CSS I thought. Pure Grey with the black trim does look great but of course, it was hailing when I saw it!

Think i'm going to leave the plastic on the seats so I don't have to look at the seat pattern colour. Looks cheap. Such a shame they didn't offer the buckets from the CS/CSS, I would have paid extra for them.

Coming from R which is quite plain, quite liking the thought of the dashes of red that will accent everything and so actually like the TCR seats - Know you would like the buckets, but its not something that would personally appreciate as its seen as good that the GTI straddles the day to day use with performance abilities and styling and maybe the buckets would be just a little too much and just belong in the CSS who places its flag more firmly to the mast

But all minor preferential, think its quite agreed its a more than decent package regardless and as a few of us have a long wait still we very excited to see you get yours and do make sure share thoughts and photos. 
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #575 on: 10 May 2019, 09:52 »

Coming from R which is quite plain, quite liking the thought of the dashes of red that will accent everything and so actually like the TCR seats - Know you would like the buckets, but its not something that would personally appreciate as its seen as good that the GTI straddles the day to day use with performance abilities and styling and maybe the buckets would be just a little too much and just belong in the CSS who places its flag more firmly to the mast

But all minor preferential, think its quite agreed its a more than decent package regardless and as a few of us have a long wait still we very excited to see you get yours and do make sure share thoughts and photos.

I like the heritage nod in the Clubsport bucket seats, it's a subtle amount of Clark Plaid. In the TCR, it's a bit like opening the door to a room where they have loud trance music blaring relative to the exterior! I'm not sure they've matched GTI red exactly, looked a bit orange but likely the lighting.

I daily drive my CSS and the seats are not in any way uncomfortable so it's not like you're sitting on a sliver of lightly upholstered carbon fibre.

Other thing which I think is a bit of a miss is not offering the option of an alcantara steering wheel. It's based on the TCR and it's a cheap nod, even if they charged for it. I asked, VW said no. They can do it, it's in the Clubsport S. Admittedly, the trim is not as good as in a GT Porsche where they stitch the 12'o'clock marker versus VW who glue it. Alcantara isn't hard to maintain either - protective sealant and keep your hands clean. Hand lotion is awful to it though so probably better with leather given it's my wife's car after all!

I'll share thoughts and pictures when I finally get it, likely the week after next now as I am on the opposite side of the country at a client's offices for the whole of next week.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #576 on: 10 May 2019, 10:02 »

I like the heritage nod in the Clubsport bucket seats, it's a subtle amount of Clark Plaid. In the TCR, it's a bit like opening the door to a room where they have loud trance music blaring relative to the exterior! I'm not sure they've matched GTI red exactly, looked a bit orange but likely the lighting.

I daily drive my CSS and the seats are not in any way uncomfortable so it's not like you're sitting on a sliver of lightly upholstered carbon fibre.

Other thing which I think is a bit of a miss is not offering the option of an alcantara steering wheel. It's based on the TCR and it's a cheap nod, even if they charged for it. I asked, VW said no. They can do it, it's in the Clubsport S. Admittedly, the trim is not as good as in a GT Porsche where they stitch the 12'o'clock marker versus VW who glue it. Alcantara isn't hard to maintain either - protective sealant and keep your hands clean. Hand lotion is awful to it though so probably better with leather given it's my wife's car after all!

I'll share thoughts and pictures when I finally get it, likely the week after next now as I am on the opposite side of the country at a client's offices for the whole of next week.

You likely right as far more informed than me and as much as have seen a Clubsport in photos, never to this day seen one in flesh and I do look out for them, but thats good, if owned one I would be very happy about that - think also I am coming from the R which has huge capability but style (more so the MK 7) and particularly interior are more than reserved so think more receptive to having some additional trimming

Again, looking forward to see the first one land on this forum :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #577 on: 10 May 2019, 10:39 »

You likely right as far more informed than me and as much as have seen a Clubsport in photos, never to this day seen one in flesh and I do look out for them, but thats good, if owned one I would be very happy about that - think also I am coming from the R which has huge capability but style (more so the MK 7) and particularly interior are more than reserved so think more receptive to having some additional trimming

Again, looking forward to see the first one land on this forum :)

Totally get it and can see the appeal. I like my cars with touches of colour that I can specify.

My neighbour was telling me that VW are charging £12,500 for the CS seats - some poor fella had them stolen from his car and that was the quoted replacement figure.

It prompted me to call my dealer to find out if this was true because if so, the agreed value I have with the insurance company suddenly takes on a different hue.

Now paranoid about leaving the CSS! First world problems and all.

The GTI PP or TCR in 7.5 are superb cars, if you had to have one car to do it all, I genuinely can't think of anything better at any price point.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #578 on: 10 May 2019, 10:54 »
That used to be a problem with RS4 bucket seats getting stolen. Can't see them being £12k though?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #579 on: 10 May 2019, 19:56 »
https://youtu.be/8svSP9Kt_AE

Nice nod to the past with a decent uk review of the TCR with more reassurance the DCC is going to be pretty good in comfort and good f that equals normal in my R then I be very happy as that’s my default drive setting