Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245726 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #550 on: 03 May 2019, 18:44 »
Just wondered what thoughts are on how these stack up against the Clubsport ed40 and how they will compare in terms of future value?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #551 on: 03 May 2019, 19:10 »
Just wondered what thoughts are on how these stack up against the Clubsport ed40 and how they will compare in terms of future value?

Much of a muchness really. They’ll probably follow a similar depreciation path.
Both limited runs in their own way.
The TCR newer with more kit, the Ed40 signifying a milestone (40 years and Ring record replica styling) with unique aero stuff.

What’s worth more now, an Ed30 or Pirelli?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #552 on: 03 May 2019, 21:15 »
My order was placed with Joe and so far service has been excellent as was deal. Not in a postion to fully recommend but so far couldn't have asked for more. Have also been dealing with a BMW dealer at the same time who wouldn't stop calling me, the no nonsense approach and pricing suited me with Joe. I hope the rest of the purchase goes aswell
I can’t fault the service so far from Joe, updates on status without me chasing etc. Different to my experience in buying an Up Gti from Inchcape last year. About a week I think until I get mine, detailed has it booked for wed-fri next week  :laugh:

Have a long wait for mine so going to have to feed off others receiving theirs and see how their early thinking go, so share your thoughts and photos?

Whats you specification?
pure grey, Reifnitz pack, pan roof, climate screen, extra airbags. They come with so much as standard there wasn’t much more I really wanted. Kept it under the higher tax, otherwise the £1300 entertainment would have cost WAY more in tax over first few years, pretty much 3k. That’s another fun car price!
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #553 on: 03 May 2019, 21:19 »
My order was placed with Joe and so far service has been excellent as was deal. Not in a postion to fully recommend but so far couldn't have asked for more. Have also been dealing with a BMW dealer at the same time who wouldn't stop calling me, the no nonsense approach and pricing suited me with Joe. I hope the rest of the purchase goes aswell
I can’t fault the service so far from Joe, updates on status without me chasing etc. Different to my experience in buying an Up Gti from Inchcape last year. About a week I think until I get mine, detailed has it booked for wed-fri next week  :laugh:
detailer is one that is connected to Joe, but his work looked good etc so went with it for convenience really. Searched nearer to me and they cost (even) more. I’ve never used a detailer before, my other cars are nearer 30 years old and the Up Gti I had until recently wasn’t the kind of price or a looker that I wanted to pay for shine on!

Be sure to post up about it!

Who are you using for the detailing (is it via the dealer)?
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #554 on: 04 May 2019, 07:39 »
It’ll be interesting to see how prices hold up. It might link to how many they actually produce in the run out phase. Hopefully they’ll do really well.

I’ve still no discounted getting one but only once my R is a few years old. Speed limiters have ended my desire for new cars!

The grey TCR that’s being sold by Tom shows that gloss black air vents at the front would just make the car look even better for me. Would anyone pay over list for this? Not me!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Scott465

• Just got here
« Reply #555 on: 04 May 2019, 09:03 »
1st post!! 3dr pure grey,black roof  on 18’s, sunroof, dynaudio,tinted windows, DCC on order, should be here end of June, first ever Golf GTI,can’t wait!

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #556 on: 05 May 2019, 14:41 »
Seems like it’s advertised for sale at £44,995 when list is £37,660.
It's a pre-reg as well! Chancers. :whistle:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #557 on: 05 May 2019, 14:44 »

Wow. I hope nobody touches it. Hate it when people do things like that. Supply and demand though I suppose.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #558 on: 05 May 2019, 14:57 »

Wow. I hope nobody touches it. Hate it when people do things like that. Supply and demand though I suppose.

He’ be lucky to find a buyer quite that stupid.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #559 on: 05 May 2019, 15:03 »
Hopefully. Then again, most people aren’t as clued up as people on here. My neighbour went into Audi and they told him that they no longer give discounts on list price. He believed them and paid list for his car.