Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245718 times)

Online AGB

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #540 on: 30 April 2019, 18:12 »
I was wondering about the tyres with the Pretoria's and if they were as suitable for daily use or if they were more track focussed?

TBH I am not sure what the Reifnitz come with as standard...

Are they Cups? If so, I'd probably not use those on the road... if nothing else, they aren't going to last long! If you get those, take em off and save them for a track day.

The prets come with the Michelin sport cup 2’s, they are fine for the road all M cars now come with them from factory also Porsche fit them to all their GT cars for the road.
The reifnitz come with Perelli PZero’s.

Knew about the P Zero (think they the newer Pirelli P Zero PZ4) and very happy about that as gives you half a chance - Did think the Cup 2 were more track and dry biased but if they are going on them performance cars as standard fit then that says a lot to overall abilities so sounds good and be interested to see how you find them.

If going for a FWD performance car one thing you cannot do is go cheap on the rubber thats for sure.

I have MCS2 tyres on my CSS and drove it through winter without a problem. Minimum operating temperature is 8 degrees so I was tiptoeing on short local trips or if it was colder, taking the GTD. They're definitely at their best in warm weather.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #541 on: 02 May 2019, 21:21 »
My order was placed with Joe and so far service has been excellent as was deal. Not in a postion to fully recommend but so far couldn't have asked for more. Have also been dealing with a BMW dealer at the same time who wouldn't stop calling me, the no nonsense approach and pricing suited me with Joe. I hope the rest of the purchase goes aswell
I can’t fault the service so far from Joe, updates on status without me chasing etc. Different to my experience in buying an Up Gti from Inchcape last year. About a week I think until I get mine, detailed has it booked for wed-fri next week  :laugh:
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #542 on: 02 May 2019, 21:26 »
My order was placed with Joe and so far service has been excellent as was deal. Not in a postion to fully recommend but so far couldn't have asked for more. Have also been dealing with a BMW dealer at the same time who wouldn't stop calling me, the no nonsense approach and pricing suited me with Joe. I hope the rest of the purchase goes aswell
I can’t fault the service so far from Joe, updates on status without me chasing etc. Different to my experience in buying an Up Gti from Inchcape last year. About a week I think until I get mine, detailed has it booked for wed-fri next week  :laugh:

Be sure to post up about it!

Who are you using for the detailing (is it via the dealer)?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #543 on: 03 May 2019, 09:50 »

Have a long wait for mine so going to have to feed off others receiving theirs and see how their early thinking go, so share your thoughts and photos?

Whats you specification?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #544 on: 03 May 2019, 11:36 »
I see that Tom @ Divine Automotive has a TCR up for sale. It's a three door and with the right options. At over MSRP.

Given that the car would have been ordered the day order books open for it to get here this week (and assuming 15% discount), following the price increase, that's a decent profit on a mainstream / non edition car for someone.

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #545 on: 03 May 2019, 11:38 »

It used to be the case that not chasing for updates was normal service. Now we get to applaud someone who knows what service is!  :laugh:

My dealer said mine was in the UK but it still hasn't turned up at the dealership after a week!

Offline david25

• I live here
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #547 on: 03 May 2019, 13:31 »
That looks great! Well, except for those side decals  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #548 on: 03 May 2019, 18:38 »
Queue jump

£37,660

Diffuser looks big!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk7/2019-volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr--3-door-pure-grey-delivery-mileage-performance-pack-dynamic-chassis-reifnitz-wheels/9665521

Seems like it’s advertised for sale at £44,995 when list is £37,660.

Is it the case that 3 doors are no longer available to order?

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #549 on: 03 May 2019, 18:43 »
Yeah. I was told no 3 door models last week. Think it’s also removed from configurator for what that’s worth.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass