Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245805 times)

Offline TCR

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #360 on: 10 March 2019, 17:30 »
Hopefully this forum is big enough for the both of us ;) do you mind me asking what sort of figures you got down to? PM me if you wish.

Went for;

Pure Grey
19” Pretoria’s with DDC and all the other bits it comes with.
Dynaudio
Carbon Mirrors
Extra rear tinted windows.

I see a bit at the top of the order for due around 28th June. (Didn’t say what year though  :grin: :grin:)
« Last Edit: 10 March 2019, 17:33 by TCR »

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #361 on: 10 March 2019, 19:50 »
Hopefully this forum is big enough for the both of us ;) do you mind me asking what sort of figures you got down to? PM me if you wish.

Went for;

Pure Grey
19” Pretoria’s with DDC and all the other bits it comes with.
Dynaudio
Carbon Mirrors
Extra rear tinted windows.

I see a bit at the top of the order for due around 28th June. (Didn’t say what year though  :grin: :grin:)

Haha, no issues with it being a two TCR town! We can talk up the values in a separate thread.  :grin:

I don't have the exact figure to hand but I was a few hundred short of £6k off the list price. I think someone posted a deal up recently which was slightly better than what I got which had me thinking I should have pushed my dealer harder but he wouldn't even throw in rubber mats. £1,500 of that is a VWFS contribution - it's a pain in the backside because I'm just going to pay it off the day I pick up the car but we still have to go through this process.

Almost the same spec. I had a debate about the mirrors but reasoned that I'd get them wrapped if I didn't like them in the flesh. The Pretorias are a great wheel, have them on the CSS and would have preferred 18" wheels but the package value worked out better but I hate diamond cut wheels.

My order form estimated delivery date is 7/June although the My Volkswagen app which appears to be the app version of a Magic Eightball, still shows me not having a build week so who knows.

As you didn't spec the side decals, do you know if you still get the little TCR logo in front of the back wheel arch? I saw a collection video posted in this thread on Saturday which showed the car without the large door decal and a small TCR logo.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline TCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #362 on: 10 March 2019, 21:05 »
Just looked for an option to send you a private message but couldn’t see anything? I put £5k down, dealer contribution £1500 I think + £1250 discount.. with all the options £449 a month, over 4 years, 10,000 miles a year.
The Mirrors wasn’t that expencive about £90 I think?!
I agree, I hate the effect large wheels have on a small car tram lining ect I would of preferred 18’s but wasn’t keen on any of the styles of wheel. I haven’t got my order number through yet, I will give them a shake up tomorrow. As for the decal I wondered this myself as I like the little one down the bottom but wasn’t keen on the side of the car covered in a sticker.

Alex

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #363 on: 11 March 2019, 06:51 »
Just looked for an option to send you a private message but couldn’t see anything? I put £5k down, dealer contribution £1500 I think + £1250 discount.. with all the options £449 a month, over 4 years, 10,000 miles a year.
The Mirrors wasn’t that expencive about £90 I think?!
I agree, I hate the effect large wheels have on a small car tram lining ect I would of preferred 18’s but wasn’t keen on any of the styles of wheel. I haven’t got my order number through yet, I will give them a shake up tomorrow. As for the decal I wondered this myself as I like the little one down the bottom but wasn’t keen on the side of the car covered in a sticker.

Alex

You should be able to send me a DM, on the main navigation where it says Home, Help etc. There is a 'My Messages' option, 'Send a message' is a sub menu item there.

The carbon fibre mirrors are £450 if I recall. I checked the configurator and it's the only item that doesn't have price information for the TCR but I checked my sanity by looking at the R and it shows as £450.

The main reason I didn't check them is that they don't tie in with carbon fibre on any other part of the car - if  there was a dash trim insert in carbon fibre and you had a visual line across the middle and sides of the car, then it would make sense to me. I've read comment that the matt finish looks a bit cheap but if it ties with the plastics on the lower intakes, it should look fine. If not, I will change the mirror caps - they're £20-£30 a pair for gloss back replacements.

I've just dropped a note to my salesman about the side decal to clarify. I suspect the answer is yes, especially if they've gone to the trouble of using a gobo to put the TCR logo on the puddle lights.

Struck me as odd that they don't do the steering wheel in alcantara given the race car connection. My CSS has it but it's glued versus being stitched so the join either side of the twelve o'clock marker looks a bit Halfords. I've asked the dealer if this is something that the factory would oblige as well.

Will let you know what dealer says. Also an Alex BTW. The similarities continue.  :grin:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #364 on: 11 March 2019, 07:11 »
Just looked for an option to send you a private message but couldn’t see anything?

You should be able to send me a DM, on the main navigation where it says Home, Help etc. There is a 'My Messages' option, 'Send a message' is a sub menu item there.

I think you need a minimum post count of 10 before you can send a PM to another forum member. TCR’s a new forum member and hasn’t posted 10 times yet. .
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #365 on: 11 March 2019, 08:55 »
The small TCR logo seems to be there on the configurator without the decals spec'd so it would make sense that its standard.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #366 on: 11 March 2019, 09:06 »
I put £5k down, dealer contribution £1500 I think + £1250 discount.. with all the options £449 a month, over 4 years, 10,000 miles a year.
Hi, and welcome. That's not a great deal TBH. TCR 'cash' discount is currently at around £3000-4500, plus there's the £1500 on top if you take finance (which you can pay off straight away), so around £5-6k total discount is on offer.

At your spec, if you achieved those levels of discount you could drop your deposit to £2k and be at £449, or you could keep your deposit at £5k and your payment would go down to £360pcm

Put your spec into Carwow, sit back and see what your local dealers come back with, I think you'll be surprised. Then send the best to your dealer and say you'll cancel unless they match/beat it. 

Carbon mirrors are £450, not £90.

Personally I think you'd be mad to spec those, but each to their own.

HTH :smiley:
« Last Edit: 11 March 2019, 09:39 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #367 on: 11 March 2019, 09:32 »
Just looked for an option to send you a private message but couldn’t see anything?

I think you need a minimum post count of 10 before you can send a PM to another forum member. TCR’s a new forum member and hasn’t posted 10 times yet. .

I've been here too long to remember that. Thanks for the help, I'm sure he'll get there quick enough.  :smiley:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #368 on: 11 March 2019, 09:49 »
The small TCR logo seems to be there on the configurator without the decals spec'd so it would make sense that its standard.

I agree, that was my thinking. But I would be unsurprised to learn that VW had bundled it in with the hexagonal side decals to force people to buy the overpriced stickers!

Offline TCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #369 on: 11 March 2019, 12:07 »

I've been here too long to remember that. Thanks for the help, I'm sure he'll get there quick enough.  :smiley:

Thank you for your help, I have now done a car wow and already 3k cheaper. Will be calling my salesman later today.