Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245755 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #330 on: 05 March 2019, 11:10 »
That £6000 is that pre vat off the basic price and options ?
Your username is very apt! :grin:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Wish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #331 on: 06 March 2019, 19:23 »

Well I’ve ordered a Golf GTI today. I just couldn’t see the value in a TCR even at DTD prices.
Car is on its way to the UK. Should have it by the end of the month.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #332 on: 06 March 2019, 19:32 »
Think a gti represents great value at the moment. A fantastic option.

It’ll be interesting to see how the TCR holds its value.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #333 on: 06 March 2019, 20:46 »
It’s back on drive the deal ..... sales must be slow.

That £6000 is that pre vat off the basic price and options ?

It's March. New sales month. It's the same pricing I had from DTD last month when they just had a dealer pull their offer.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Wish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #334 on: 06 March 2019, 20:48 »
I sold my 18 plate GTI PP with 1600 miles on the clock back in September when TCR became a little more real.  The dealer still have it for sale .

However when it came to the crunch it just didn’t stack up for me.

My guess will be a very slow selling car, with great incentive in quarter 2/3 where they will be discounted heavily. Few and far between, but could mean a steady risidual on the second hand market down the line.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #335 on: 06 March 2019, 21:01 »
Think a gti represents great value at the moment. A fantastic option.

It’ll be interesting to see how the TCR holds its value.

They are incredibly good value at the moment and when the TCR offer we had from DTD fell through, we considered swapping to a GTI PP as the numbers made sense. My father in law has just ordered a Golf GTI PP and was about to do a factory order but the dealer offered a stock spec demonstrator that was en route. He got a trade in of £13,500 on a 4 year old 32k mile MKVII GTI and the new car was £26k.

I think TCRs are going to be quite rare - I think as a value proposition, they don't add up against the offers available on a GTI PP and the general feeling seems to be that they're going to be too track focused read harsh for UK roads based on initial reviews. Several people I know who were interested in them decided to go for a GTI PP instead when it came to placing an order.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #336 on: 06 March 2019, 21:07 »
I sold my 18 plate GTI PP with 1600 miles on the clock back in September when TCR became a little more real.  The dealer still have it for sale .

However when it came to the crunch it just didn’t stack up for me.

My guess will be a very slow selling car, with great incentive in quarter 2/3 where they will be discounted heavily. Few and far between, but could mean a steady risidual on the second hand market down the line.

As I understand it, VW sets model targets across the dealer network. The nature of this car means that it'll be a niche audience so the target won't be that high per dealer which is why the DTD offer I had was pulled by the offering dealer in February. Based on this, I don't think dealers will do much to stimulate demand contributing to 'slow sales'.

I think what happens with Brexit will also have a bearing on residuals, particularly if tariffs drive increased pricing on imports.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #337 on: 07 March 2019, 07:20 »
The lease deal mentioned earlier is now live.

14 week delivery.

For those that don't know, with a lease you can add options but you pay the full price for it which is spread over the term e.g. DCC (£850) would add £23.61 to the monthly cost over a 3yr term.

https://specials.21stcenturymotors.co.uk/GTI290

So if you want a basic car, this is a good deal, but add options and you're probably better off going PCP.

:)
« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 08:03 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #338 on: 07 March 2019, 18:00 »
It’s not the £320pm that they’d stated initially with no deposit. Deals like this confirm my thoughts that the TCR is a trim of gti rather than a special edition.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #339 on: 07 March 2019, 19:21 »
It’s not the £320pm that they’d stated initially with no deposit. Deals like this confirm my thoughts that the TCR is a trim of gti rather than a special edition.

The only special GTI in MKVII is the Clubsport S, everything else is stock with calibration variations and parts bin swaps.