Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245718 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #290 on: 25 February 2019, 11:23 »

Chased the dealer, they can't honour the offer. Followed up with the second dealer and they're saying that there are some price changes in the spec and that if I would take the standard wheels, they'd make the price. Which isn't what I want so that's dead.

Spoke to Robin at DTD as they were close and they've had to pull the TCR as their dealer won't honour the offer either. Something about hitting quotas on models versus volume.

Back to my normal dealer to see what they can do.

Fingers crossed you can get a deal...

In the meantime, I've updated your signature for you.....  :grin:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #291 on: 25 February 2019, 13:24 »

Chased the dealer, they can't honour the offer. Followed up with the second dealer and they're saying that there are some price changes in the spec and that if I would take the standard wheels, they'd make the price. Which isn't what I want so that's dead.

Spoke to Robin at DTD as they were close and they've had to pull the TCR as their dealer won't honour the offer either. Something about hitting quotas on models versus volume.

Back to my normal dealer to see what they can do.

Fingers crossed you can get a deal...

In the meantime, I've updated your signature for you.....  :grin:

:grin: Very good but I would have gone with 'giving up hope on ever getting a TCR'.

New sales month starts on Friday and with Brexit, we'll see how bullish the dealers are in the close to quarter.  :whistle:

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #292 on: 25 February 2019, 13:33 »
Wow, so the already marked up "special" TCR is going to be non-discounted...

You'd have to be nuts to pay that compared to a normal GTI PP or R

I've had a (confirmed in writing) offer for just over £4k from a VW dealer but when you consider that a PP is about £29.5k with a few options, you're still paying a premium of £4,699.72 for the TCR which I had at £38,250 with those same options.

I'd have been fine with the differential over the PP with a price that was in the £32k band but no more.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #293 on: 25 February 2019, 17:32 »

Finally got there. Just over £32k for a TCR on a configurator spec of just over £38k.

Local group dealer to me, I understand there are limited sales targets on TCR models and I was their first order. The two other dealers within the group network were over £2k shy on the same deal but had orders booked already. Seems the trick is to find a dealer in a catchment where they're less likely to have demand for a TCR and negotiate from there. I shared a screenshot of the DTD offer from last week which I think provided some encouragement toward a price point.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #294 on: 25 February 2019, 19:08 »
Well done! You worked hard for that.

Coast 2 coast are offering £5.3k off at the mo.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #295 on: 25 February 2019, 20:19 »
Reminds me a bit of the Clubsport and Pirelli Editions.
Dealers told not to discount them and to keep them ‘special’ which just ended up with them selling bugger all new and VW UK telling dealers they had to stock them and pre-register them at the end of a production run...

Get an R instead. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #296 on: 25 February 2019, 20:20 »
Well done! You worked hard for that.

Coast 2 coast are offering £5.3k off at the mo.

Not that much hard work, made to feel hard by a couple of dealers who messed me around.

Funnily enough, it's actually not even going to be my car - it'll be my wife's daily driver. I'm a terrible influence.  :laugh:

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #297 on: 25 February 2019, 20:25 »
Dealers messing people around? Never have I heard such nonsense.  :wink:

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #298 on: 25 February 2019, 20:27 »
Reminds me a bit of the Clubsport and Pirelli Editions.
Dealers told not to discount them and to keep them ‘special’ which just ended up with them selling bugger all new and VW UK telling dealers they had to stock them and pre-register them at the end of a production run...

Get an R instead.

R really doesn't appeal.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #299 on: 25 February 2019, 20:28 »
Dealers messing people around? Never have I heard such nonsense.  :wink:

I know, I was entirely unprepared for it. I didn't specify the service pack which may account for my experience.  :grin: