Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245742 times)

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #140 on: 26 January 2019, 11:13 »
I agree

I can’t see them going up in value.
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #141 on: 26 January 2019, 11:20 »
If I were in the market for one (I’m not !) I would wait until the hype dies down as it most certainly will and then they inevitably find there way onto the used market at a more realistic price and pick the cream of the crop from there.
Happy hunting for those that are in the market for one but don’t catch a cold  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #142 on: 26 January 2019, 11:42 »
If I were in the market for one (I’m not !) I would wait until the hype dies down as it most certainly will and then they inevitably find there way onto the used market at a more realistic price and pick the cream of the crop from there.
Happy hunting for those that are in the market for one but don’t catch a cold  :smiley:

I saved £6k on a Clubsport by hanging back and waiting for a pre registered one to come up. There were plenty to choose from, just had to wait for the right spec. In all my talks over a new one I wasn’t even offered a single pound of discount.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #143 on: 26 January 2019, 12:17 »
I very much like the idea and look of the TCR.  If I didn’t have such a good car already I might be seriously tempted. If I was, it would be grey with the decals, and suffer the mild embarrassment, lol.  I think you take it for what it is and take the decals. Would you have a Clubsport without the CS sill decal?  Me neither.  :laugh:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #144 on: 26 January 2019, 12:20 »
I very much like the idea and look of the TCR.  If I didn’t have such a good car already I might be seriously tempted. If I was, it would be grey with the decals, and suffer the mild embarrassment, lol.  I think you take it for what it is and take the decals. Would you have a Clubsport without the CS sill decal?  Me neither.  :laugh:

Think because the hexagonal decals are optional but the TCR logo isn’t it wouldn’t bother me but I see your point. I always find it odd, for example, to see a CS without the black roof. Why would you?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #145 on: 26 January 2019, 12:24 »
The TCR decals remind me of the blockbusters board game I had as a kid. Just saying...
7.5 GTD

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #146 on: 26 January 2019, 12:27 »

Think because the hexagonal decals are optional but the TCR logo isn’t it wouldn’t bother me but I see your point. I always find it odd, for example, to see a CS without the black roof. Why would you?

Yes, why would you!

I know where your coming from on the TCR decals as they are an option. But they are also a signature of the TCR so for that reason I’d go for them.  That’s saying something from an owner of an R that’s looks just like a bog standard golf.  In fact twice last year I mistook a black base Golf in my works car park for my R.   :grin:  But on a TCR!  To hell with it, I’d want the decals! 

But....

4WD is a very hard thing to let go, and so I shall stick with what I’ve got for another two years and live in hope for a mk8 R, and then live a bit more in hope that it is worth the wait!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #147 on: 26 January 2019, 12:28 »
The TCR decals remind me of the blockbusters board game I had as a kid. Just saying...

Can I have a ‘P’ please Bob?   :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #148 on: 26 January 2019, 12:43 »

Yes, why would you!

I know where your coming from on the TCR decals as they are an option. But they are also a signature of the TCR so for that reason I’d go for them.  That’s saying something from an owner of an R that’s looks just like a bog standard golf.  In fact twice last year I mistook a black base Golf in my works car park for my R.   :grin:  But on a TCR!  To hell with it, I’d want the decals! 

But....

4WD is a very hard thing to let go, and so I shall stick with what I’ve got for another two years and live in hope for a mk8 R, and then live a bit more in hope that it is worth the wait!

4WD. This is the same reason I’m struggling to let the S3 go. Ah. First world problems.  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #149 on: 26 January 2019, 13:39 »

Can I have a ‘P’ please Bob?   :grin:

To go with your 'R'?
7.5 GTD