Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245746 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #120 on: 24 January 2019, 12:09 »
Looks like there’s another TCR launch event happening today, Mat Watson from Carwow is there filming.

He also referred to it as a “limited edition”...  :huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #121 on: 24 January 2019, 12:41 »
Looks like there’s another TCR launch event happening today, Mat Watson from Carwow is there filming.

He also referred to it as a “limited edition”...  :huh:

Limited edition is a numbered, restricted production run restricted to a specific unit volume. Cars will carry a plaque or be marked to show which number they are in within the series i.e. Clubsport S.

Limited production is more accurate as it there is a finite production window which has narrowed due to the impending new model.
The TCR was due to be released in October after Worthersee but WLTP impacted it. I guess it also depends on how many MKVII body shells they have left.

It's a bit like people calling Southern Africa, 'South Africa'. South Africa is a country, Southern Africa is a sub-region which includes 5 countries. Totally different things.

I wish people paid to know these things could get this sort of thing right.

Talking of which, my dealer rang me this morning and informed me that the car was a concept and wouldn't be coming to the UK. I asked if they read the motoring press and asked why VW UK were doing a press launch for a car that wasn't being sold. I was given reassurance that it's definitely not going to be available. So we should probably just close this thread and forget about it all!  :grin: :whistle:

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 24 January 2019, 13:06 »
The event is on in Portugal. There's a couple of Irish car journo's over there looking at it that I follow on Instagram/FB. It's definitely set to come to Ireland, I'd be very surprised if the UK isn't getting it too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_tw7PHw6N/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #123 on: 24 January 2019, 19:07 »
The event is on in Portugal. There's a couple of Irish car journo's over there looking at it that I follow on Instagram/FB. It's definitely set to come to Ireland, I'd be very surprised if the UK isn't getting it too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_tw7PHw6N/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

It's coming to the UK, it's just that the local dealer hasn't been told anything by Volkswagen.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 24 January 2019, 19:10 »
It is odd that every country that it’s coming to or not coming to knows. We know nothing.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 24 January 2019, 19:24 »
It is odd that every country that it’s coming to or not coming to knows. We know nothing.
Well, the trade press clearly wouldn't publish what they have if it wasn't. It's just really odd to do press for a vehicle and not even tell the dealers that it's coming.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #126 on: 24 January 2019, 19:35 »
Well, the trade press clearly wouldn't publish what they have if it wasn't. It's just really odd to do press for a vehicle and not even tell the dealers that it's coming.

Every dealer you speak to says that they know in advance what’s coming so why wouldn’t they know? It’s either not coming or dreadful business communication. If it is coming I think it’s rather embarrassing for VW UK.

Sometimes, just sometimes the mags publish articles about cars that don’t come to us. I’m thinking of some of the American muscle car reviews and Chinese cars that have been reviewed but don’t get a release here. But, as I always say, what do I know?  :wink:

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 24 January 2019, 21:02 »
To illustrate the point that nobody knows anything, TG say it won’t be a limited ed.  :whistle:

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #129 on: 24 January 2019, 21:56 »
CSS aside, there's not been a limited run since my old 25th Anniversary GTI.
'18 245PP DSG