Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626761 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1150 on: 28 December 2013, 00:08 »
Build week 6 of 2010 (built mid Feb), Registered late March 2010, iirc 18,000 miles,
Used as a daily commuter from around late March to around December each year, (3 cold starts a day average)

I made sure it was in neutral  :wink: although when i asked for a little revs i got brake lights twice  :grin:

So there is good chance it has the first gen tensioner then. the good thing for you is you may have another 2000 -3000 ignition starts before it gets to my level. Mine in 59 plate on 53k used everyday and 2-3 cold starts.

so rough idea: 365 days x 4 years = 1460 days  x 3 starts a day = 4380 (rough estimate)
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #1151 on: 28 December 2013, 10:49 »
A very good chance as the first revision iirc was may 2010 2-3 months after mine was built.  :cry:
Now you know why I was very interested in all the tensioner threads.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2013, 10:51 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1152 on: 28 December 2013, 11:08 »
well as you know there isnt always signs before it goes. You cant preach and then not get yours in for upgradinging  :grin: :grin:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #1153 on: 29 December 2013, 16:08 »
I know  :embarrassed: , time dear boy, its a factor of time. It normally doesnt move from now till the end of march only reason it has been is I decided in a moment of madness to paint the garage walls between christmas and newyear to keep the dust down when working on a car. Its been a far bigger job then I thought  :laugh: I hate breaseblocks!   :angry:
I was planning to change the tensioner this winter as its still under extended warrenty till end of march.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2013, 16:11 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1154 on: 30 December 2013, 08:01 »
I know  :embarrassed: , time dear boy, its a factor of time. It normally doesnt move from now till the end of march only reason it has been is I decided in a moment of madness to paint the garage walls between christmas and newyear to keep the dust down when working on a car. Its been a far bigger job then I thought  :laugh: I hate breaseblocks!.

I know exactly what your saying....I started painting ours (normal house bricks) and only finished one wall as it took forever to get the paint in all the nooks and crannies  :whistle:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1155 on: 30 December 2013, 17:13 »
A very good chance as the first revision iirc was may 2010 2-3 months after mine was built.  :cry:
Now you know why I was very interested in all the tensioner threads.

How can you find out what build week your car is because I'm in the same time frame as my car was registered mid June and would like to know if I've been lucky or unlucky with the tensioner fitted to my engine, my guess is it would have been built couple months before so prob before may  :sad:
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #1156 on: 30 December 2013, 17:41 »
The cars back then were been shipped and registered asap because there was a 7 month wait for them. When there was only suppose to bea 3 month wait. I know when mine was built as Im the original owner.  Who was suppose to get his car the end of nov 09 but had to wait till end of march 10!
VW germany are probably the only ones with the info now. Theres a chart on here somewere showing the built process and times I would expect yours would have been built to about 3 weeks before its registered date.
But the engine could have been built earlier. Look in the engine bay at the vw stamps to get a better idea as they will be date stamped.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2013, 17:44 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline D.P

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1157 on: 30 December 2013, 22:15 »
Fitted some nice new BBS SR's and michelin Pilot Sport 2's

[/URL

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1158 on: 30 December 2013, 22:21 »
Looks really well D.P, what suspension set up do you have?
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline D.P

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1159 on: 30 December 2013, 23:09 »
I am running h&r ultra lows from stillstatic! Fully up at the rear ATM believe it or not.