Author Topic: Intercooler Hose Kit For 1.9 TDI 150?  (Read 12915 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: Intercooler Hose Kit For 1.9 TDI 150?
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2006, 05:03 »
ARL, in that case you want this picture, probably makes more sense now:-

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #11 on: 06 November 2006, 07:58 »
yeah that makes much more sense except i thought it was going into the bottom of the intercooler, those pipes coming out the bottom must be hidden.

well either way 4 is the part i need, going to give the dealer a bell and tell them my engine number that way they should be able to work out the part for themselves

thanks for your help richandhazel

ps did changing your hose fix your problem?

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 06 November 2006, 09:29 »
Don't know, I haven't got it all back together yet. I'm replacing the timing belt, pulleys, water pump and thought that whilst I was in there I'd get a couple of other jobs done i.e. locate this boost leak that VAGCOM had already identified, check gearbox oil level etc., etc.
I've been working all weekend and using the Polo, so plan to get it all back together today.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #13 on: 06 November 2006, 10:35 »
sounds like its alot of work, i take it you're a mechanic then as that sounds quite complex.

well i spoke to the dealership and told them the engine number as i didn't want to tell him how to do his job, but it sounds like they have ordered the right part, fingers crossed it is!

Just want to get this hose back in so i can start using the car.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #14 on: 07 November 2006, 21:56 »
picked up the part today was bit worried when the part that came out had a different number.

VW game me J0145834AE in the end, i was surprised how easy it was to fit, in fact getting the sump gaurd on and off was harder.

everything seams to be fine now, have given it a bit of grief eg foot to the floor from standing to test it out and hard acceleration in 2nd (got the traction light on) pipe is still in so guess it fine.  v happy again  :laugh:

thanks again for the help richandhazel