Author Topic: Mk4 Coil Pack?..  (Read 12471 times)

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
Re: Mk4 Coil Pack?..
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2009, 21:11 »
can a coil pack not just go!!

If you understand me, my car seems to be misfiring occasionally but not all the time, could this be a pack, because the last time a pack went on mine, it misfired constantly! :huh: :huh:

Could be a bad connection or earth that is just failing occasionally.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2009, 21:19 »
sorry mate what do you mean bad connection? it seems to only do it under low revs of each gear, up until about 3,500 rpm?

Jake

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 August 2009, 21:27 »
One the elec connection to the coil could be poor so it doesn't always give a good feed.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline 1.6mk4GOLF16v

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2009, 09:49 »
my mate fitted 4 non genuine coil packs to his A4, within a month he was back to me asking if I would scan it for probs as it was down on power. Lo and behold 3 of the coil packs were faulty...

what did the scan say to show the packs were faulty?
got a feelin mines having that problem too
1.6 16v AZD
RS8s 225/35/19
Full powerflow decat exhaust
Blanked EGR
Pipercross panel filter
watch this space for the rest...

Offline drivebyzoop

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2009, 10:29 »
my mate fitted 4 non genuine coil packs to his A4, within a month he was back to me asking if I would scan it for probs as it was down on power. Lo and behold 3 of the coil packs were faulty...

what did the scan say to show the packs were faulty?
got a feelin mines having that problem too

so is this a common thing then the coil pack always goes even if its genuine? i hope i get guarantee with it

Offline 1.6mk4GOLF16v

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2009, 11:12 »
My car keeps miss fireing or somthing.. im sure every month i have to change a coil pack and its always number 1 or number 2.. i aint sure why it does this does anybody know why it does? the care is around 200bhp remaped wid rec valve an panel filter an exhaust.. if anybody knows let me know thanks

how did u work out which coil was faulty?
1.6 16v AZD
RS8s 225/35/19
Full powerflow decat exhaust
Blanked EGR
Pipercross panel filter
watch this space for the rest...

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2009, 13:53 »
swapping the coils to different cylinders. or VAGCOM tells you.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2009, 14:23 »
My car keeps miss fireing or somthing.. im sure every month i have to change a coil pack and its always number 1 or number 2.. i aint sure why it does this does anybody know why it does? the care is around 200bhp remaped wid rec valve an panel filter an exhaust.. if anybody knows let me know thanks

might be something else going on if it's eating coils that quickly.. feel free to drop in next time you're passing and we'll stick it on the diagnostics again :afro:

Offline DXB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2009, 15:52 »

Hi Off topic here? how do i start a new thread? cant find anywhere on the page ''start new thread''!

cheers

Carl

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 10 August 2009, 15:56 »
in the grey bar mate top right of the list of topics.