Author Topic: jamie16v - 16v GTI  (Read 8858 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jamie16v - 16v GTI
« on: 05 December 2008, 14:55 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

jamie16v

Re: jamie16v - 16v GTI
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2008, 20:27 »
yay... my own project thread... o.k well i`ll start with the story...
it all started when i went to my uncles brother in laws house to fit a shower and saw this golf parked in the drive, it kinda took my fancy.
 i did ask, "whos car is that then"... He said "Why you Fbeeping rev head"..
anyway, when i spoke to karl, (the golfs previous owner) i said to him, let me know if you ever want to sell that, its a nice looking car.
 months went by until one day i had a phone call saying "jamie theres a golf in somerfield car park for you, karl said come and get the keys, the wheel bearing has gone". wow, a free car.. well, i was quite happy about this, so off i went to collect the keys.
  yes, the car has had a few things wrong with it which i have fixed straight away and it has never broken down on me.
so far my list of mods are..
 lowered 50mm on an ebay jamex kit.  :lipsrsealed: :shocked:
 ported throttle bodie.
 modified airbox.
 omp panel filter.
 chrome plated dails.. :rolleyes:
 drilled and grooved discs with mintex extreme pads..
 darkened and tinted headlamps... :cool:
 those lower bumper vents from bored welsh lad..
 umm... matt blacked badges..
 Series 2 RS turbo Recaro`s welded to mk3 subframes.. (they hold you in much better) :smiley:
 powerflow stainless cat back system, minus the suitcase box.
 and a vanillaroma magic tree...
i didnt take any pics while doing these mods as i had no project post to post them in at the time, though i will take some pics soon and get them posted...

jamie16v

« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2009, 21:13 »
i took some pics yesterday, slightly different since i last posted as i have now added the hella twins. i aslo experimented with satin black so i tried on an inconspicuous area first... guess where, i doubt you`ll get it but its in your face.. in the first pic.

the blue tail lights were removed as they wernt to my taste and i now have standard gti lights but the amber indicator bits have been tinted red. the exhaust has also been fitted.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2009, 19:43 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2009, 19:39 »
today i molested the front end of my car.
i added a badgeless grill and sprayed to match the original paintwork. the slats were sprayed matt black to give more of a factory look.

also last week i started to french the tailgate. not finished yet, i will wait untill i have the paint to do it so i can give the car a good blow over with the spray gun.

i also colour coded the door handles and washer jets while i had the rattle cans out.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2009, 19:41 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2009, 14:28 »
now sold to another member....  :smiley:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2009, 22:39 »
I own this POS :P
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

jamie16v

« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2009, 22:44 »
point of sale?...  :tongue:
lol

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2009, 08:05 »
Piece of sh!t :P hahahaha
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

jamie16v

« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2009, 08:35 »
 :wink: i know what you were getting at..
was a pretty quick car though that.. :smiley:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 June 2009, 17:23 »
not at the moment.. distinct lack of battery power :P haha