Author Topic: bored_Welsh_lad - mk3 8v  (Read 19693 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: bored_Welsh_lad - mk3 8v
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2008, 21:44 »
looking about for a new wheel... and managed to pick this up quite cheap...

happy days cheap as chips too.. anything is better than the standard crap
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2008, 17:12 »
The wheel is on and tomorrow ill be fitting my tyres to my nice new rims.. happy days :D

Then ill be washing her and giving her a good rotary polish!!!

:D
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 April 2008, 10:00 »
Hey all,

the tyres turned up last night, so today i got them fitted and threw them on the car..

the 7.5s on the front caused a bit of bother with the 288mm discs n pads, ive had to run 5mm spacers and take a small amount off the bottom of the pads because they were fouling the wheels...

well here are the pics, i really need a decent backbox now though...

and i fitted my steering wheel

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2008, 18:38 »
anyways heres a few clean pics and a new item, some fancy kamei fog grills which you cant seem to get for love no money anymore...

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2008, 19:30 »
oh thats some sexy mk3 right there  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2008, 19:47 »
Thanks man, i wish id cleaned up my splitter though... looks pap now...

Back wheels are rubbing quite bad on the drivers side, ill be sorting that this week i think...

Off topic but i posted your vents today...

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2008, 20:18 »
ah cheers mate :afro:

Offline glowgtdi

• GTI forum regular
  • The Derv Doctor
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2008, 09:17 »
Ahh anybody know where to find those fog light vents? :| I want some!!! :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2008, 10:40 »
Well i havent done an update for quite some time..

I dont even know where to start lol...

I picked up a full milltek system with twin pipe from one of the lads for 100 quid... ive thrown that on, its not sitting quite right atm and catching on rear beam, but i have my mot next sat and ill throw the decat on then. Hoping that the pipe will sit a bit better then...

Mal had the decency to sort me out with the arch roller.. happy days :D so they are rolled as well as i could. This is because i managed to pick up 25mm spacers from gotwood on htt for a brill price. Ive thrown them on the front and my 5mm spacers on the back, although im tempted to get 20mm spacers for the rear now haha

I did try the 25mm spacers on the rear for sh!ts and giggles, you can see the pics below. I also picked up a nice ROHR inlet pipe, but i need to crack on with some samcos to mount it up. Its got a perfect oil breather knuckle on it for the DV when i finally get the bloody eaton on haha

anyways heres the pics..

heres the rears with the 25mm spacers.. hotness me thinks...

and the front with 25mm spacers.. although these pics dont do it justice..

and introducing the best thing since sliced bread.. my new pup ollie..

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2009, 14:35 »
well well.. time for a bit of an update i suppose.. spent all winter driving on polished lips was not such a good idea.. so after some careful consideration...

boom.. THE REFURB!!!

All sorted by the guy above.. charges 45 a corner normally.. hes amazing!!! trust me!!! heres the pics to prove!!!

pics with tyres monday and if i get time to wash n polish the car this week you might see some nice pics of it!!!